Thread: Questions. Walther LGV piston seal mount

Questions. Walther LGV piston seal mount

Read somewhere that a HW 25mm seal is a useful mod. for the LGV or maybe LGU seal.
    The LGV seal mount is a simple enough component but I will have to fabricate it 'cos I have no machine tools.
    Question is does the centre plate/buffer need to be fixed as shown or can it be a floating washer?
    May be seeing too much to this but my thought is rigid fix prevents the spigot being driven back against piston rod etc at end of travel.
    Next question. Does anyone have image/dimensions for an LGU seal and mount please?
    Easy to mod. the existing mount but for the mo' I want to leave as is.
    Lastly the LGV mount is hard so is that necessary? Anyone know if the Chambers adapter is hard?
    Thanks for looking.

The leather to synthetic adapter is steel for the HW35.

used a Delrin conversion with no trouble to date.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Bit confused, sorry. What are you trying to acheive ?

Also, plenty of folks on here can turn up an all HW/LG piston nose for very litlle cash, so no point doing a bodge job and risking ruining your cylinder when it falls apart.

Finally, the LGV/Useals are probably the best out there, even better than the HW seals, and the mounting is the same, so once again, confused
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Landymick Thanks for input.

Jon Budd me too. The existing seal material is said to be a weak link from what I read. Never seen a HW do this
    I seem to be looking in wrong places for the Walther seal. This LGV is 70's so are modern V/U seals the same? Thanks for input.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by deejayuu View Post
    Landymick Thanks for input.

Jon Budd me too. The existing seal material is said to be a weak link from what I read. Never seen a HW do this
    I seem to be looking in wrong places for the Walther seal. This LGV is 70's so are modern V/U seals the same? Thanks for input.
    Ahh, so you need a seal for a 70s LGV...

OK... now I get it

so hw seals are 25mm or 26mm; LGV/U seals are 25.4 ish
    The mount for all is identical, so yeah, make one up and choose the seal that fits best. Moderns seals will not crumble away like your old one.

What does the nose of the old LGV piston look like ? From your original mount piccy, I guess it has a keyhole, a bit like a meteor ? If so, easy to make up a new nose. Use steel.

ALso, bear in mind the height of the HW/LGV/U seals is around 11mm. if that costs you too much stroke, there are other options, e.g. gamo or TX seals in 25mm, that are around 5mm less in height, and use the dovetail fitment.

Just depends what stroke you need...

HTH - JB
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Thanks again Jon. Here's the fitment as you thought
    Still can't see Walther seals in UK but will bear in mind the others you suggest.

Just remembered you were on a project with Osprey bits. How's progress?