Thread: Where do all the standard and 6 joule HW springs go?

Where do all the standard and 6 joule HW springs go?

Reading this great forum one could think that our shores are littered with unused 6j HW springs from grey imports and standard uk spec springs from tuned rifles.
    Wanting to have a play with one of my rifles I put a wanted add on the BBS for HW95 springs yesterday expecting there to be a queue of BBSers looking to offload surplus springs for a few quid. But so far no replies, so....
    Does nobody look at the wanted section? Or
    Aren't people immediately replacing HW springs anymore? Or
    Am I just too impatient? :-)

Rich
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    I think Tinbum is going out and collecting said springs that get washed up on the local beaches and is painstakingly removing them from the local wildlife (except the HW35 springs), he has this evil diabolical plan to make a Chateau full of money by collapsing one end of the hacked off springs and adding them to his placky kits

Good on him I say.

Pete
    Last edited by look no hands; 26-03-2017 at 12:43 PM.
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

flyingfish is offline I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    No , lots of springs are a main feature of Tinbum's low cost channel crossing plan

Pete
    Pete

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    I think the problem is they are worth sod all, so no-one can be arsed to post them. Well, that's my reason anyways.

I've got quite a few that I will be bringing to the bash; I normally "swap" them for burgers
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Quote Originally Posted by flyingfish View Post
    No , lots of springs are a main feature of Tinbum's low cost channel crossing plan

Pete
    I've changed it to springs on my reply

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Budd View Post
    I think the problem is they are worth sod all, so no-one can be arsed to post them. Well, that's my reason anyways.

I've got quite a few that I will be bringing to the bash; I normally "swap" them for burgers
    Unfortunately I can't make it to the boinger bash (again) as they always fall on my "every other weekend" with my boys. Could I tempt you to post a spring or two if I stand you for the cost of postage plus some extra to fund a packet of good burgers for the bbq? :-)

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    I think Tinbum is going out and collecting said springs that get washed up on the local beaches and is painstakingly removing them from the local wildlife (except the HW35 springs), he has this evil diabolical plan to make a Chateau full of money by collapsing one end of the hacked off springs and adding them to his placky kits

Good on him I say.

Pete
    Are you sure he is not collecting pairs to weld together and sell to those who favour longer springs? ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by averageplinker View Post
    Are you sure he is not collecting pairs to weld together and sell to those who favour longer springs? ;-)
    Knowing Nick, most probably

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by averageplinker View Post
    Reading this great forum one could think that our shores are littered with unused 6j HW springs from grey imports and standard uk spec springs from tuned rifles.
    Wanting to have a play with one of my rifles I put a wanted add on the BBS for HW95 springs yesterday expecting there to be a queue of BBSers looking to offload surplus springs for a few quid. But so far no replies, so....
    Does nobody look at the wanted section? Or
    Aren't people immediately replacing HW springs anymore? Or
    Am I just too impatient? :-)

Rich
    I think some naughty people off load them on free ads as HW45 magnum springs