Quote Originally Posted by JCB357 View Post
I have donned my tin hat and hair shirt. Been shooting for many years and honestly have never heard anyone ask about 'best calibre' for shooting cans before no offence intended OP.

Anyway, and for what it's worth, either calibre would be fine for you. The HW 45 is well able to knock down or drill holes in cans in either cal I do have a preference for .22 but that's because I own a Black Star in this cal. However, if you plan on doing any target shooting then .177 is arguably the better choice.

The only time I shoot cans is use to use up any CO2 remaining in my guns after a session - don't like to put those away without removing the cartridge.

To answer the poster who asked what I shoot at with the guns in my sig, the answer the monthly UBC competitions. Monthly, as I said and I enter a lot of the classes they do. Great fun. I shoot on my outdoor range at 6 yards. Can't quite do 10 mtrs yet (some UBC comps at that distance too) but working on that. All internet based so just send in your results by e-mail. If you like shooting fast then Police Pistol is 'challenging'.

No problem at all, cheers for the info'

Dave