Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Top Airguns On the Market

for me a daystate

HI, for me its a daystate i keep buying other guns what people rant on about how good they are , but i allways go back to a daystate accuricy is every thing,but they all have there down falls ,good luck bob.

secretagentmole Guest
    Depends on what the budget is. No use recommending an HW100 when you only have Hatsan money (though the Gladius is nearly as much as a 100 is ).

Quote Originally Posted by fife View Post
    HI, for me its a daystate i keep buying other guns what people rant on about how good they are , but i allways go back to a daystate accuricy is every thing,but they all have there down falls ,good luck bob.
    I like my air ranger but it took a long time to get right including two factory returns im now going to have a lane reg fitted and retuned but then it will be an amazing rifle i very much doubt id buy another DS though

Quote Originally Posted by secretagentmole View Post
    Depends on what the budget is. No use recommending an HW100 when you only have Hatsan money (though the Gladius is nearly as much as a 100 is ).
    Any of the top of the range prices would be fine, hence the question.

.22LR CZ452; .22 Hornet CZ527
    Tikka T3 Varmint .223; .204 Ruger CZ527 Varmint;
    6.5 Creed Bergara B14 HMR

s410 in a bullpup stock

Either my HW100 or my 110
    R10SE .22 Tactical, Huma Regged, HW100 KT .177

I have an Air Arms HFT500 with a custom stock (http://s16.photobucket.com/user/UK_N...vynbm.png.html and a Steyr LG110. I always pick the HFT500 up for HFT. I find, as has been said before, the HFT is at least as accurate as the Steyr, has a more consistent shot-to-shot MV variation and I have the utmost confidence in it's ability to do what it is supposed to do.

Neil
    Current airguns:- Steyr LG110: Steyr LP10: Air Arms HFT500: Weihrauch97 fully customised.

Jesim1 is offline Likes to wear driving gloves in the bedroom
    I'm surprised I've not seen some of these mentioned, so here goes:

Steyr LG110 HFT - brilliant gun, very reliable, very accurate, got to be one of the most rated and used in HFT.

AA FTP900 - A bit on the heavy side, but very accurate when you get a good one - most are fine, many are fettled, and some can need a bit of work to be at their best.

RAW 1000TM - to me a better fit than the HM which is a bit small if your a big guy, but not too many about, probably due to just one importer rather than anything else. Well respected and well up to the task, you don't hear much negative about these.

(Ataman)/Daystate Tsar - Fairly new, but those on the know seem to like it. It's still a lot more Ataman that Daystate, who basically tarted it up a bit and gave Ataman an opportunity to grow it's business while they got their hands on a virtually sorted gun anyway - seems to have worked though.

Feinwerkbau p800x - I was thinking about one of these myself, but TBH I'm not that good and they are very pricy. I've never used one, so can only say my research suggested they can be temperamental and high maintenance - think a Ferrari Airgun, I did and chose to leave it.

Walther Alutec LG300/400 - the 400 is the newer and apparently slightly better of the two. There are loads second hand of the 300, many have been "upgraded", but it can be a minefield. Watch out for the power upgrades, many have started life as a different non UK power variant and not had the proper attention when looking at ports/regs etc. to do the conversion, I'd want paperwork from a recognised quality tuner!

I'd have a go with any of these, I currently have the Steyr, sold my FTP, and also have a couple of Daystate LEs in the form of the Grey shadow and the Platinum - both a few years old now and both running great. I think any of these guns will do what you want with the right glass on it - the Steyr is the safest bet to me, but none of them are cheap new, probably starting at around £1.5k for the FTP and going north! If I had to get one of the others I'd be torn between the Tsar and the LG400, the P800 is sex in a stock, but as I get older I don't know if I could be bothered keeping up.

James
    Making a mockery of growing old gracefully since I retired

Quote Originally Posted by Jesim1 View Post

Steyr LG110 HFT - brilliant gun, very reliable, very accurate, got to be one of the most rated and used in HFT.

AA FTP900 - A bit on the heavy side, but very accurate when you get a good one - most are fine, many are fettled, and some can need a bit of work to be at their best.

RAW 1000TM - to me a better fit than the HM which is a bit small if your a big guy, but not too many about, probably due to just one importer rather than anything else. Well respected and well up to the task, you don't hear much negative about these.

(Ataman)/Daystate Tsar - Fairly new, but those on the know seem to like it. It's still a lot more Ataman that Daystate, who basically tarted it up a bit and gave Ataman an opportunity to grow it's business while they got their hands on a virtually sorted gun anyway - seems to have worked though.

Feinwerkbau p800x - I was thinking about one of these myself, but TBH I'm not that good and they are very pricy. I've never used one, so can only say my research suggested they can be temperamental and high maintenance - think a Ferrari Airgun, I did and chose to leave it.

Walther Alutec LG300/400 - the 400 is the newer and apparently slightly better of the two. There are loads second hand of the 300, many have been "upgraded", but it can be a minefield. Watch out for the power upgrades, many have started life as a different non UK power variant and not had the proper attention when looking at ports/regs etc. to do the conversion, I'd want paperwork from a recognised quality tuner!

I'd have a go with any of these, I currently have the Steyr, sold my FTP, and also have a couple of Daystate LEs in the form of the Grey shadow and the Platinum - both a few years old now and both running great. I think any of these guns will do what you want with the right glass on it - the Steyr is the safest bet to me, but none of them are cheap new, probably starting at around £1.5k for the FTP and going north! If I had to get one of the others I'd be torn between the Tsar and the LG400, the P800 is sex in a stock, but as I get older I don't know if I could be bothered keeping up.

James
    First answer with "proper" top end rifles. Don't forget a nicely converted Annie 8002

Most PCP are just as good as each other apart from the regal which is crap IMO
    My XTX tuned .177 ultra will match any top price airgun pellet for pellet along with HW100k .177 .
    You don't need to spend silly money on airguns for that reason above IMO ,unless you want more bling .
    My choice would be HW100k .177 , comes with two mags , silencer , best cocking and mag system out there

In my humble opinion, the best all rounder is a .177 HW100. It's solid, reliable accurate and bloody boring but, not as soulless and boring as a good Daystate.

If you're chasing pure accuracy to do a job and, you don't require any kind of character choose either an HW100 or a Daystate Airwolf.

If you want something good that makes you smile then, ignore all the reviews, kick the shit out of your wallet and, enjoy the journey - you'll get there in the end.

Good luck

All of the above.

I absolutely love the HW100KS, it is a great rifle, the KT just looks wrong and if it looks wrong it probably is. That said, for me any HW100 performs poorly because of the design of the stock.

If you want to shoot with a target scope with a large objective lense then it is difficult to shoot the rifle as well as it can be shot. That's not to say its a bad rifle, but when it comes down to punching paper there can be far better options.
    Great Deals with : Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick & Tich

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Similarly like the OP, I sometimes think about buying another PCP air rifle having been without for a considerable time.
    As a one time R7 user, I'm drawn to the Rapid Air Weapon range of Airguns.
    To suit the OP's requirements, I'd suggest the BM500 LW being a Taylor Made bench rest target weapon but from my own perspective, I'd be drawn to the HM1000 Sporter version in a left handed stock much the same as the Theoben Rapid 7 Mk. 2 !
    “An airgun or two”………

Going to a competition and seeing what is being used might be a big help especially if some are willing to let you handle their rifles and maybe even try one out.

Regards

Martin

Quote Originally Posted by Jesim1 View Post

James
    Nicely put James....although i do rate the HW100 with the adjustable laminate stock. I've been Steyr for a long, long time and mine are 14 and 15 years old and still going strong, however, as they are so easy to service some can carry problems created by ignorant tinkering.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin(rockape) View Post
    Going to a competition and seeing what is being used might be a big help especially if some are willing to let you handle their rifles and maybe even try one out.

Regards

Martin
    The best advice.
    Chairman Emley Moor F.T.C. 2023 - Misfits champ, HFT extreme champ, NEFTA hunter champ, Midlands Hunter champ, UKAHFT champ.
    https://sites.google.com/site/emleymoorftc/contact-us