Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone a Stealth expert ?

Anyone a Stealth expert ?

Looking to buy and customise a stealth and hoping someone can provide advice on what to buy and where parts to customise refine exist .
    Stuff on the box.

just get an old piece of copper pipe.

that way it will be cheaper when you finally give up and beat it with a lump hammer....
    "But we have our own dream and our own task. We are with Europe, but not of it. We are linked, but not comprised. We are interested and associated, but not absorbed."
    Winston Churchill 1930

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Gen View Post
    just get an old piece of copper pipe.

that way it will be cheaper when you finally give up and beat it with a lump hammer....
    Good advice
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

I am the master of stealth!

BASC Member

Quote Originally Posted by Missed_dinner View Post
    I am the master of stealth!

absolutely
    "But we have our own dream and our own task. We are with Europe, but not of it. We are linked, but not comprised. We are interested and associated, but not absorbed."
    Winston Churchill 1930

Quote Originally Posted by electric sheep View Post
    Looking to buy and customise a stealth and hoping someone can provide advice on what to buy and where parts to customise refine exist .
    Leupy used to be the man but I'm pretty sure he retired, not sure if Bloodnob still does valves for them, but they're only really for FAC power anyway.

Honestly if sub 12 anything you do is likely to make it worse.

Only thing I'd do to a sub12 stealth is regulate it which can be bought off alibaba.com if for fac there's lots of big improvments better off going to the talon air gun forum to see mods and upgrades always going to have a lousy trigger tho but a beast in fac

I've two and love em!!

The second (Shorter) one I got was leaking, I stripped the valve to find it scored, I put the parts away and forgot about them, Was going to phone the company to see if they would supply the new bits, Failing that I was going to have a go at making the part in my lathe, Fast Forward a couple of years and I came across the parts again,Couldn't see a mark on the plazzie bit so I rebuilt it, Filled it up and it's still got loads of air in!!, It was a few weeks since I put it back together too!!

The longer one of the two is silent apart from the thud of the hammer, The longer mod is superb!!

Stealths!!

Valve bits

John
    Last edited by johnbaz; 24-03-2017 at 05:51 PM. Reason: cuz eye karnt spel proply!!
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

You may find what you want on here: http://pcptunes.com/airforce-airguns-gunpower-airguns/

I have had a Stealth for a couple of years and, while it's not my 'go to' rifle I go back to it again and again. The simplicity, robustness and 'tinkerability' makes this a keeper. Get your head alignment right and the internals sorted and this can be a very good shooter but, sadly, not a great shooter. You will need to buy an adaptor to fit a standard moddy to keep it quiet but that's well worth the money. All this is just my opinion and is not definitive.

All you might need to know :- http://talonairgun.com/forum/

but get something else..

ora

I once used a stealth to shoot a rabbit with the silencer...that's not a quiet shot - the silencer actually hit the rabbit.........we never did dig the silencer out of the ground!

That was when I learned to have respect for modded valves....
    Winston Churchill 1930

The best mod is to fit a regulator these can be bought from China (airforce talon on evil bay)they are supplied with spares and can be set up to the desired power before fitting to the bottle,easy to do.I found the 3.4mm hole in the top hat to be the best to keep to UK legal limit.The reg has a quick fill nipple so the bottle can be filled on the gun.I have one fitted to both my stealth and storm no more fiddling with the settings to keep legal,I have them both set to 10.8ftlbs and that's where they stay with very little deviation,and they have two gauges for reg and bottle pressure.I've one fitted for over 18month and no probs.

I should have been more specific in that I want FAC 22 at around the 35 fpe level , thanks for advice so far
    Stuff on the box.

Advice is still the same only get a high power reg,a one with a larger bore in the top hat,I found keeping them low was the problem I had sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by electric sheep View Post
    I should have been more specific in that I want FAC 22 at around the 35 fpe level , thanks for advice so far
    Get a regulator easiest way to keep the power down at 35fpe last .22 I had turned my silencer internals to dust in fac power. Tbh there good guns in fac very basic easy to maintain andas said a beast with tons of accuracy the regs can be bought at a angle too to help cheek weld get on the talon airgun forum tons of mods on there to produce a silent fac gun.