Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Forget shot cycle, what is the most easy springer to cock with a bad back?

Barryg is offline Registered ̶D̶i̶a̶n̶a̶ User
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Budd View Post
    Barry, haul your arse to the springer bash next weekend
    There's a local B&B.
    I would like to perhaps next time.

Most of the time I don't notice cocking effort but occasionally my back plays up, then I want a easy cocking springer.
    What I use now is this

http://imgur.com/TxsqJqF

as it is only 8.1 lbs and with its UK 40 coil 11ft/lbs biro spring it really is one finger cocking also the sling helps, the only problem is it is 44ins long and I cant fit a silencer, so I am interested in all your suggestions

Annoyingly for its critics the Walther LGV is very easy to cock even in .177.
    Not light tho.
    PCPs even easier.
    Comes to us all.

Quote Originally Posted by gingernut View Post
    Annoyingly for its critics the Walther LGV is very easy to cock even in .177.
    Not light tho.

https://youtu.be/SYkbqzWVHZI

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    And my CZ Slavia 634 is ridiculously easy, too.
    Got a 631 when I was 12 - easy then, very easy now.

Quote Originally Posted by mallyally View Post
    Thought I'd get it for saying PCP not LGV!

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Quote Originally Posted by Barryg View Post
    I would like to perhaps next time.

Most of the time I don't notice cocking effort but occasionally my back plays up, then I want a easy cocking springer.
    What I use now is this

http://imgur.com/TxsqJqF

as it is only 8.1 lbs and with its UK 40 coil 11ft/lbs biro spring it really is one finger cocking also the sling helps, the only problem is it is 44ins long and I cant fit a silencer, so I am interested in all your suggestions
    I had The Yoof go through my rifles to see which he wanted to take to the bash next weekend, he's 6'5" but made of pipe-cleaners. I started him off with the 54 AirKing, just for a laugh, through the TX's, Walthers then the HW's. He even discounted my HW99 (shortened, screwcut barrel) as being too heavy (?) and settled on the Diana 31 Panther. It is light, or at least feels it in the shoulder, and the cocking is ridiculously easy.
    If you want to go to the bash later in the year I normally have a seat free in the car.
    God rest ye jelly mental men

It's been a long while since I've had one, but a 10-11 ftlb Diana Model 40 was my easiest cocking springer. Nothing more than a D34 with a nicely weighted barrel but home tuned down. Haven't been available in the States for a few years but any D34 could easily be given the same treatment.
    Also the Diana 24-28's. Ball bearing locks and full length barrels for leverage. All day plinkers and pester guns. These may be your better choices.

Myself, I prefer HW's; but have to admit that the "better locking" wedge detent could be a bit tougher to open with a bad back or shoulder. Of course even that can be overcome with a fluff n buff tune up and proper form.

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    FWB 300s
    Highly strung with Knicker Elastic and a wonderful Experiance !
    “An airgun or two”………

I can cock my HW95 with 1 finger and its short stroked aswell, i do have to tap the barrel as its got a good lock up, i think the CZ634 uses a ball bearing for lock up so easier to break the barrel.

Barryg is offline Registered ̶D̶i̶a̶n̶a̶ User
    Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    I had The Yoof go through my rifles to see which he wanted to take to the bash next weekend, he's 6'5" but made of pipe-cleaners. I started him off with the 54 AirKing, just for a laugh, through the TX's, Walthers then the HW's. He even discounted my HW99 (shortened, screwcut barrel) as being too heavy (?) and settled on the Diana 31 Panther. It is light, or at least feels it in the shoulder, and the cocking is ridiculously easy.
    If you want to go to the bash later in the year I normally have a seat free in the car.
    Yes my 34 only has about​ 20 lbs cocking effort after fitting your kit
    Thanks for the seat offer I will keep it in mind when the time comes

Hellequin is offline I used to be indecisive.....
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgeoff View Post
    try a break barrel or side lever, both are kinder
    BSA Supersport in 22 almost cocks itself under its own minimal weight, very easy to cock, otherwise a hw95 is easy to shoot if you normally follow the crowd.
    Otherwise try something like an air arms SE90 in 22, sideways cocking action may help, and has a nice loading tap which speeds up shooting.
    Avoid the current Diana side levers, very heavy.
    I can second the Supersport, I have a carbine (Brum model pre-maxi grip) in .22 and even though it spits pellets out at 11+fpe it's so easy to cock with the added benefit of being really light weight too.

Aside from that my 95 is easy too (but the rifle is heavier) and I reckon the HW99 should be in the running too. I'd say HW30 but I think it's aimed more at junior shooters (although still really popular with 'grown ups'!) and has lower power too, if you're specifically wanting 'full power'...
    Wyrd bið ful aræd

Hatstand sniper 125. It has a 120mm stroke and a long barrel. It also is huge and weighs a ton.

Quote Originally Posted by Gecko View Post
    I can cock my HW95 with 1 finger and its short stroked aswell, i do have to tap the barrel as its got a good lock up, i think the CZ634 uses a ball bearing for lock up so easier to break the barrel.
    The 634 has a manual barrel latch, Gecko, so super-easy.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

supersport x3

i put a Diana 34 spring in my Brum made BSA Supersport Magnum its running a tad over 14flb and is VERY easy to cock!!! my 7 year old niece can cock it with no problem its also super accurate!!! if it was at 10flb it would cock its self John Wayne style
    Aint no fun when the rabbits got the gun

Easy to cock

My HW30s is very easy to cock & a pleasure to shoot at just over 7ft/lb but my easiest cocking rifle is a mkv meteor in .22 which I can easily cock with little finger & shoots at just over 9ft/lb, both quiet & perfect garden guns.
    ATB John.
    ok, I admit it, I've got a problem.
    [url]http://www.rivington-riflemen.uk/[url]