Thread: Tx 200 mk3 stock refresh

Tx 200 mk3 stock refresh

I have a TX200 Mk3 with a walnut stock that's looking rather tired.
    I don't think the previous owner did anything to the original factory finish.
    What is the best way to clean off the existing finish (if any?) and start again?

Cheers

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Weasle View Post
    I have a TX200 Mk3 with a walnut stock that's looking rather tired.
    I don't think the previous owner did anything to the original factory finish.
    What is the best way to clean off the existing finish (if any?) and start again?

Cheers

Steve
    BTW I intend to use Philips walnut preparation, once I'm back to a decent base.

Personally I have used nitromors in the past but I believe from reading other threads that more effective alternatives are available. I then use various grade's of wet and dry until I get the finish I require. I then use ccl oil to finish, doesn't take too long to build up a decent result.
    Plinkerer and Tinkerer

Quote Originally Posted by maximus View Post
    Personally I have used nitromors in the past but I believe from reading other threads that more effective alternatives are available. I then use various grade's of wet and dry until I get the finish I require. I then use ccl oil to finish, doesn't take too long to build up a decent result.
    Many thanks