Thread: Smkpr900w .22

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Smkpr900w .22

I wonder if anyone could supply some information please? I recently purchase a second hand SMK PR900W pcp air rifle with air bottle scope (Hawke 4-12x50 Ao) plus other bits for a couple of hundred quid,The gauge has dropped to the low yellow pressure mark so inserted the quick fill probe SLOWLY turned on air it went everywhere but in the fill valve, bought a new quick fill probe same problem Had bottle filled still same problem, Would I be right in thinking I have an inlet valve stuck/faulty? Does this mean it has to go back to SMK?On this model the quick fill probe slide in horizontal i notice on some the probe goes in vertical coming to rest against the barrel

Have you closed the bleed valve on the bottle?

secretagentmole Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightning1981 View Post
    Have you closed the bleed valve on the bottle?
    Quick smear of Moly on the o rings on the probe may help as may new o rings!

Had same problem with a Webley raider. Mine was a sticking inlet valve. It got better with a quick blast of air, but be careful. It still needed sorting in the end as it still leaked when trying to fill. Check your o rings as mentioned first though

Quote Originally Posted by secretagentmole View Post
    Quick smear of Moly on the o rings on the probe may help as may new o rings!
    Moly? Thought silicon grease was the way with O rings?

smk pr900w

Yes the bottle is fine filled an airarms with it,what sort of lubrication is this silicone? Is it available from a motor spares shop?

Quote Originally Posted by Gerard c. View Post
    Yes the bottle is fine filled an airarms with it,what sort of lubrication is this silicone? Is it available from a motor spares shop?
    It's silicon grease you need, though as I mentioned if the o rings look ok it will definitely be the inlet valve