Thread: FWB Sport trigger replacement

FWB Sport trigger replacement

I have just bought a Maccari trigger to replace the plastic one on the rifle.
    I have 2 questions, The first one being; I can't remove the trigger adjustment screw, it comes so far out and then meets resistance. Do I just carry on unscrewing through the resistance or is there another way of removing it? My second question is; The trigger spring (roughly 14mm x 4.5mm) has a kink in it, this doesn't affect the trigger but I would like to change it. Is there anywhere I can source a replacement?
    Thanks in anticipation.
    Gary.

Do you mean the long screw with the retaining Circlip (see : https://www.gunspares.co.uk/products...werkbau-Sport/) which needs removing before the screw can be unscrewed fully from the Trigger (with the Circlip in place it only unscrews two or three turns and then binds hard).

If it's something else, a piccy of the affected part would help in identifying the problem. Also, the above reference show a list of available parts for the FWB Sport your Trigger spring might be available from them (or if not, Knibbs Airgun Spares might be able to help)

HTH, Vic Thompson.

Yes Vic,
    As I have just discovered, it's the one with the circlip. I now need to find a new circlip. Will the trigger function properly without it?

I got my trigger spring from Maccari.

Quote Originally Posted by landymick View Post
    I got my trigger spring from Maccari.
    With customs duty and postage it's cost me over £83. And that's with opting for the cheapest $5.95 postage.

The trigger will function without the circlip.
    Just for devilment I decided to make a new trigger out of some aluminium flat bar as the old plastic trigger would allow the rifle to fire with the safety on if any excess pressure was put on the trigger pull. It worked. Took a long time with files, drills, hacksaws, vice etc but it worked. Maybe not as aesthetically pleasing as the Macarri version but it works a treat. I used the old plastic trigger as a guide, just allowing more 'meat' on the upper part that functions with the safety slide. Time will tell how long it will last.
    Cheers, Phil (too much time on my hands!)

Thanks for your help everyone. I'm sorted now.

Quote Originally Posted by gtfreight View Post
    Thanks for your help everyone. I'm sorted now.
    Prey tell.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    Prey tell.
    Sorry for the delay in replying Ian,

I wanted to wait until I got the gun back together before I was absolutely sure it was cured.

It was the safety lever itself, the lip that engages the trigger was at the wrong angle, if you can imagine the lip as a ramp extending out without leveling off, that's how it was instead of a smaller ramp that levels out half way up (I can only imagine that this lip has been caught on something when the gun was stripped down), which caused the safety lever to slip off the trigger as soon as any pressure was applied to the trigger. I hope this make sense.

I now have a 100% functioning 124, as well as it being asthetically very pleasing.

Thanks for your help last weekend Ian.
    Last edited by gtfreight; 01-04-2017 at 10:55 AM.