Thread: Future Collectable: Diana Mauser K98

Future Collectable: Diana Mauser K98

Just bought myself my first new rifle for many years, and have left Youngmans of Great Yarmouth, with a new Diana (Mauser K98), and a massive smile on face.

And yes I know this is the collectors corner, but this must be a nailed on Collectable of the future.

Even comes in a nicely printed Cardboard box, and wooden stock for just under £300.

Will also appeal to those who like Military rifles.

Does it shoot well ?? no idea mine is purely for the lovely looking design and destined for my small collection.

Any one else succumb and bought one ?

Best regards

Michael

I did handle one a while ago, had a shot and it made an awful twang! Loved the styling but I preferred my 430.

Michael

Have a look around the DWC (or Dianawerk Collective) Forum

You might have to dig back a few days or weeks - but the general consensus is that the Diana K98 IS, indeed, a great rifle exhibiting good or great accuracy within that 'Old Military' look.

So, I think you are right - it will be a future collectable (meanwhile, enjoy your new rifle).

Here's the DWC (old boys forum ):

http://www.network54.com/Forum/184474

Ye gods ! Joined 2000. posts 779,

You've kept your head down over the years, Michael !

(probably a wise move).

Think people will be surprised what will be collectable in future. When you look at some of the old tinplate airguns that are now sort after, the people who bought them 80 years ago would never have believed it. I said the umarex mini uzi will become a collectable and people laughed. With its fun factor potential it will probably one day not be available. So there are probably a lot of freely available things we shoot now that will be collected in future.

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Just bought myself my first new rifle for many years, and have left Youngmans of Great Yarmouth, with a new Diana (Mauser K98), and a massive smile on face.

And yes I know this is the collectors corner, but this must be a nailed on Collectable of the future.

Even comes in a nicely printed Cardboard box, and wooden stock for just under £300.

Will also appeal to those who like Military rifles.

Does it shoot well ?? no idea mine is purely for the lovely looking design and destined for my small collection.

Any one else succumb and bought one ?

Best regards

Michael

Just UNDER £300? x10

My local dealer wants £375 for one.

Sadly GY is a long old haul and there's nothing else to see.

tac

I looked at this rifle and still may buy it cause I am looking for a military trainer. But I can't get over it not having a bolt?

Holywell, North Wales (twinned with Trumpville)
    I paid £289.00 for mine at Christmas. Do yourself a favour Michael, put it away in its box and dont use it. The cocking mechanism self destructed on mine after less than 500 pellets. Great gun to look at, and yes, it does twang like a b*gg*r, and reasonably accurate, but if you have a look at the internals, you might change your mind about keeping it.
    Is there such a thing as owning too many guns?

Did you take it back to the shop?
    Did you get a new gun and a report on what caused the problem?

I ask because mine is getting near 500 shots!

I bought from same place in Yarmouth but £319 does twang and the under lever system looks not as strong as a webley m3 but looks good shoots well with good power ....after a few shots settled down and group not bad at 40 yards

Holywell, North Wales (twinned with Trumpville)
    Quote Originally Posted by gingernut View Post
    Did you take it back to the shop?
    Did you get a new gun and a report on what caused the problem?

I ask because mine is getting near 500 shots!
    Took it back to the shop and they were amazed at the lack of quality materials in the cocking lever pivots.

Got my money back and put it towards a nice springer.

It's a real shame as it's such a good looking piece of kit. I had mine on back order and waited three months for it.

I got lots of oohh's and ahh's at the range when people saw it, but they weren't as impressed when the cocking lever decided to split itself into it's constituant parts! but I do tend to shoot my guns a lot, not just look at them.
    Is there such a thing as owning too many guns?

Will check mine out!