John Hi. WMPTE stands for West Midlands Public Transport Executive. This was a bell target club that ran with two teams in the 70' and 80's [maybe even early 90's]. Based at the WMPTE social club in Horsley Fields. Wolverhampton; sadly now long disbanded, there was a second target but I have no idea where it may be now. As far as I know it would have been made mid 70's; many of the clubs at the time had engineering based members who made a target for their club; the Wolverhampton Air Rifle League was started I believe in late 1971 or 1972.
The three smaller targets are all the same mechanically, made to my design, which takes some assorted ideas and jumbles them together, to make a mechanism that's not too difficult to make. A while ago Milbro took an interest in the design but for their own resaons decided not to produce them, sad really as there are often requests for buying Bell targets, but as with everything, small quantity's cost more.
Just seen the photo of the target with the duck, wow!!, amazing pice of kit, history on that would be good. [had to edit my post after seeing that]
Cheers
abellringer