Thread: Daystate Tsar

Daystate Tsar

Apart from the team shooters, any news on how the new Daystate / Ataman collaboration rifle is being received? I have not yet seen one "in the flesh" but from videos posted online, it looked well put together and simple in its construction (I like simple).

It would be good to get some feedback
    Never go off half cocked....

All lies matter

I'm really pleased with mine Graham. Great balance, dead firing cycle and easy to use. If you are at the springer bash on Saturday you can have a try if you wish?

Mine is the Ataman M2FT but has minor differences most obvious being mine has a red laminate stock opposed to the blue.

cheers

Pete

Thanks Pete-how is the trigger? I heard it was relatively simple to set up but had a fairly hard first stage.
    Re: the bash-not sure yet

All lies matter

Graham,

Trigger is good, I need to add a bit more first stage travel but it breaks very cleanly with no creep and is light enough for me. If you go Saturday you can try my Imperator FT also ;-)

Pete

Jesim1 is offline Likes to wear driving gloves in the bedroom
    I've had a go at the local range, but just a couple of shots, so it's hard to gauge ultimate accuracy, but I was hitting what I aimed at and the gun felt light. The guy who owned it was of the same opinion, he had only put a few hundred pellets through it and was trying to get used to it admitting he was not the best shot in the world to begin with, so his groups were as good as his last gun - so could probably be tightened with practice and the right pellets.

To me the one thing that stands out is that I have not heard a single negative comment other than the trigger - and TBF if it's your gun and you take the time to set it up correctly for yourself it is likely to be fine.

James
    Making a mockery of growing old gracefully since I retired

I look forward to finally getting my mitts on one and seeing how it compares to the last great mechanical Daystate (the CRX)

All lies matter

Quote Originally Posted by Baxterbasics View Post
    I look forward to finally getting my mitts on one and seeing how it compares to the last great mechanical Daystate (the CRX)
    I wouldn't view it as a Daystate more of an Ataman with a Daystate badge. What I mean is that the only visable common part with any other Daystate is the use of their muzzle brake hence none of their corporate identity in the rifle if that makes sense?

Pete
    Last edited by 666; 26-03-2017 at 10:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesim1 View Post
    I've had a go at the local range, but just a couple of shots, so it's hard to gauge ultimate accuracy, but I was hitting what I aimed at and the gun felt light. The guy who owned it was of the same opinion, he had only put a few hundred pellets through it and was trying to get used to it admitting he was not the best shot in the world to begin with, so his groups were as good as his last gun - so could probably be tightened with practice and the right pellets.

To me the one thing that stands out is that I have not heard a single negative comment other than the trigger - and TBF if it's your gun and you take the time to set it up correctly for yourself it is likely to be fine.

James
    Have you got yours yet James? How is it?

All lies matter

Jesim1 is offline Likes to wear driving gloves in the bedroom
    Quote Originally Posted by Baxterbasics View Post
    Have you got yours yet James? How is it?
    Yes, I picked one up a couple of weeks ago, but unfortunately I have done my back in, so lifting guns in and out of cars and the like is off the cards for me just now, I'll get it out over the next few weeks with a bit of luck, but right now the thought of bending over a bench to shoot is not one I relish.

James
    Making a mockery of growing old gracefully since I retired