Yet again the weather smiled on us and helped towards a really enjoyable shoot and a bit of gusting wind also made it a very interesting one. Frankly I thought I was shooting like a muppet but as all the scores were pretty close I think it shows just how tricky the course was today. The demon course setters had been up to their normal tricks so there was a lot of variety. I also had a brain fade and put a prone only out without scoping the target so had to swiftly change it to an unassisted knealer and missed the massive tree that had broken in half and blocked peg 30. Still not to worry, only one caused a brief cease fire and both of them were sorted out.
Congratulations to Bob Pattenden for giving us a lesson in old school shooting, top shot anytime with a springer is superb but add in the conditions and what can I say. I’d also like to thank him and Damian for coming down and having a go at the sixty-shot challenge. Am glad you both enjoyed the shoot in any case.
Can I also congratulate Hayley for setting the highest score for a HRPC Member, doing it on mother’s day was fate. On that fine note on to the scores.

Bob Pattenden (R) 51
Hayley Linbourne 50
Terry Evans 47
David Powell 46
Mathew Linbourne 46
Pete Fenn 46
Nick Farley 45
Damian Walker (R) 45
Jason Linbourne 43
Colin Muggeridge 40

As nobody cleared the course the £15 pot for the sixty-point challenge will now roll over to our next shoot on April 9th. Yet again every single target was “killed” at least three times on the day so it proves that clearing the course is possible. This is starting to get interesting.