Thread: BSA Cadet questions...stock screws and piston/washer

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I just unscrewed this from a BC serial Cadet if it helps. The unthreaded section is thinner than the thread width I notice.
    In my earlier B serial they are shorter, fully threaded and countersunk heads though.
    In my CB Cadet Major they are as the photo.
    It would seem there is more than one type and for your gun they must be the later type as in my pic..... maybe

Steve

I've had Good deals & great info from many in this forum.

pjbingham is offline My mother was flexible,but couldn't do Thursdays
    Quote Originally Posted by stevegv8 View Post
    I just unscrewed this from a BC serial Cadet if it helps. The unthreaded section is thinner than the thread width I notice.
    In my earlier B serial they are shorter, fully threaded and countersunk heads though.
    It would seem there is more than one type and for your gun they must be the later type as in my pic..... maybe

That's the type I was expecting to see. Never seen a later style stock with anything other than this type. The earlier stock has diffrent screws but again not like the remaining one Dave has

Quote Originally Posted by stevegv8 View Post

Thanks Steve,

Now know what it should look like in form, and it's nothing like what I have! (and this is not the first Cadet I have seen, just never paid any notice before)...but that doesn't look too difficult to make/adapt from a standard screw by turning the threaded section off...or I may just use a shouldered screw if I can source them.

Quote Originally Posted by pjbingham View Post
    That's the type I was expecting to see. Never seen a later style stock with anything other than this type. The earlier stock has diffrent screws but again not like the remaining one Dave has
    Thanks Phil, had a PM from Guy (ggggr) suggesting the front stock screw should be 1ba or 7/32bsf?...someone should write a bleeding book, I suggest it be called - Fun With BSA Thread Sizes (or how to loose hair and infuriate people)!
    blah blah

pjbingham is offline My mother was flexible,but couldn't do Thursdays
    Looks like a suck it n see on the screws then Dave, there's a chance the cylinder has been re tapped I guess. PM incoming regarding the stock washer.