Thread: Hydro dipped stocks

Hydro dipped stocks

What do people the if hydro dipped stock good or bad

Dipped

Had one done last year by jon at hyrographics, fantastic job.

barrel is offline Work is the refuge of people who have nothing better to do
    I really like them but don't know if I could bring myself to dip a really nice piece of walnut.

Kindest regards

Barrel
    IF I WALKED ON WATER PEOPLE WOULD SAY I COULD NOT SWIM !

Quote Originally Posted by barrel View Post
    I really like them but don't know if I could bring myself to dip a really nice piece of walnut.

Kindest regards

Barrel
    Trust me to think about dipping your walnuts!

I would like to know how well it "weathers" over time.
    BASC Member

Murphy is offline Cooee! Chase me you naughty boys!
    Quote Originally Posted by barrel View Post

Kindest regards

Barrel
    And they charge you extra for it!!
    Master Debater

Had mine done ages ago.
    Wears well, good when bored of your original stock, but can be removed and stock returned to original state.
    Well worth a try, just be sure of your choice of graphics.
    BSA Airsporter MK1, SMK 20, Brocock Enigma, Daystate MK4 IS S with Mamba Lite 4-16x44
    all in .22. Daystate Platinum with Bushnell Elite 6500 2.5-16x44

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    I had a beech Challenger stock dipped a few months ago in fake walnut, I had had some skip line checkering done before the dip and basically you could barely see it afterwards, there was so many layers of paint applied that it had filled the checkering, there was also small dots of white undercoat showing through the finish in particular areas that I just paint strippered it back off (waste of £80 but we learn from our mistakes), I now have to refinish the stock and get off all the layers of paint, hopefully I can get it out of the checkering, I wouldn't do it again, I'd think if it was done in camo then it wouldn't really matter (or show up very easily) if the undercoat showed through but on a dark walnut effect it does, shame really as it looked pretty good.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Its very popular to hide the fact a stock has broken and been glued back together

Be careful
    A man can always use more alcohol, tobacco and firearms.

I have a 15 year old Steyr that was dipped as an exhibition gun and the only marks you'll find on it are where i've rested the rifle to shoot HFT......and that's only on the woodwork, the action is unmarked.
    Chairman Emley Moor F.T.C. 2023 - Misfits champ, HFT extreme champ, NEFTA hunter champ, Midlands Hunter champ, UKAHFT champ.
    https://sites.google.com/site/emleymoorftc/contact-us

I had a BSA hornet dipped 3 years ago in real tree camo, very hard wearing and looks great. Cost £65 which isn't cheap and probably doesn't increase value and possibly decreases value? Don't think I would do again unless it was a keeper.

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by peddy View Post
    I had a BSA hornet dipped 3 years ago in real tree camo, very hard wearing and looks great. Cost £65 which isn't cheap and probably doesn't increase value and possibly decreases value? Don't think I would do again unless it was a keeper.
    £65 is cheap, the £80 I paid was cheap, I had a quote from a place in Poole a few years ago and it was about £120.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

I've got mine done on the gun I'm selling but think that is the problem with it not going getting no takers on it does anybody no how much it would be to put it back to oringinal stock please