Thread: Clothing for hft

Clothing for hft

What do you guys recommend to wear for HFT the gear I have leaves me to hot I need some new gear for the summer it needs to be light but at the same time it needs to be waterproof and to give protection against stinging nettles etc It need not to be camouflage
    eddie

stagmanv835 is offline i tend to drink while on the bbs
    I always found the german flecktarn goretex was great for wallowing around in the mud while at the firing points

always kept me dry and mud free
    You only have the rights you are willing to fight for

If it is for HFT only and camouflage isn't a problem then I would recommend going to your local go outdoors and buying a pair of Salamon X ultra Mid 2 walking boots they are light, durable, water proof and breathable.
    Then a set of good walking trousers I have a pair of Rab but Berghaus and Montane make could quality ones also.
    Multi layer tops including base layer such as a Helly Hanson, long sleeve shirt and soft shell jacket so you can adjust accordingly depending on the weather and if you wish some sort of baseball cap.
    Go outdoors tend to be very good value and always have discounts.
    Weihrauch HW97 .177, Weihrauch HW80 .22, Weihrauch HW77 .22

I dont feel the cold and suffer in the heat as well. Ive got a fancy lightweight jacket like this for work http://m.uttings.co.uk/p123136-bergh...e-4-21033-in7/ (green ones cheaper) which is pretty hard wearing and lightweight.

But for shooting I just carry a goretex surplus jacket for emergencies.
    Get a good matt and you can wear what you want in terms of nettles and just get an emergency rain goretex.
    Last edited by si7777777; 27-03-2017 at 08:10 PM.
    The OAKS
    SIHFT WINNERS 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016

Whatever is comfortable so you don't even think about it. Personally I wear cargo shorts and a tee shirt in summer with a decent pair of boots. I do always wear camo undies though to feel as though I belong.

Quote Originally Posted by si7777777 View Post
    I dont feel the cold and suffer in the heat as well. Ive got a fancy lightweight jacket like this for work http://m.uttings.co.uk/p123136-bergh...e-4-21033-in7/ (green ones cheaper) which is pretty hard wearing and lightweight.

But for shooting I just carry a goretex surplus jacket for emergencies.
    Get a good matt and you can wear what you want in terms of nettles and just get an emergency rain goretex.
    What he normally wears is a woolly jumper, shorts and cheap wellies, all available from the Winnie the Pooh shop, the Christopher Robin collection

Quote Originally Posted by Stormdancer View Post
    What he normally wears is a woolly jumper, shorts and cheap wellies, all available from the Winnie the Pooh shop, the Christopher Robin collection
    Oh ha ha!
    In all honesty, I started off shooting all suited up but just got uncomfortable after I'd warmed up.
    It's all about being comfortable.
    The OAKS
    SIHFT WINNERS 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016

It ain't half hot

Check out the Don Estelle range of clothing and a good used Punkah wallah !

And if all that pricy stuff fails to hit the mark, a pair of comfortable light weight jeans will do the job so ong as it is not a rainy wet day.

A.G

Pink socks