Well that is a bit unfair really, whilst it is no looker, the Coyote is not really that ugly. Not even in the synthetic stocked version I have.

So what is it? A sub £400 Birmingham made PCP using the standard BSA PCP action and magazine.
Calibres? .22 and .177
Trigger? Gamo Smooth Action Trigger 2 (SAT 2). A 2 stage trigger that can be a tad heavy, certainly not the worst I have ever used on an air rifle.
Safety Catch? In front of trigger blade in true Gamo style.
Stocks? Synthetic thumbhole with adjustable cheekpiece or wooden sporter with a reach which requires hands like Guy the Gorilla's to reach the trigger.
Action? Magazine fed PCP with rear bolt, just like an Ultra, Ultra XL, Scorpion. Similar to their other great low cost offering the Phox.
Shot count? In .177 from a 232 bar fill you should get 100 full powered shots off.
Extras? Nice little air stripper on the end that unscrews or a permanently glued on silencer in the case of the Coyote Whisper.
Accuracy? Very good, this is a BSA barrel after all. I got a 1 hole group on the third magazine full through the gun at 30 metres (using Daystate Heavies in 4.52mm and shooting off of a bag to a target 30 metres away).

Overall impression: Not a lightweight gun but some of us like a little heft to aid stability. It is also a tad loud on the hammer action, but swings and roundabouts apply, this is £300 cheaper than an HW100 after all. It comes with one BSA magazine, blue .177, red if .22! It works, is ruggedly built and has nice stippling on the pistol grip and on the forestock. Apparently the trick to fix a heavy trigger is a longer bolt, 2.5mm I believe, I find it ok to use though. Certainly does not affect my groupings too badly.

Would I recommend it? Why buy an Ultra or an Ultra XL for more money? This rifle has the BSA mechanism and accuracy, just not the price. Hatsan have to watch out now Gamo have entered the bargain PCP market. I cannot recommend an AT44 or Galatian when this is similar money to the AT and certainly less than a Galatian. Buy British with a Spanish name on it, it is cheaper!