Thread: Feinwerkbau 300S with 150 spring

Question Feinwerkbau 300S with 150 spring

Anybody know if the cocking effort, is significantly increased when fitting the 150 spring, to the 300S.

Quote Originally Posted by dimebag1 View Post
    Anybody know if the cocking effort, is significantly increased when fitting the 150 spring, to the 300S.
    Should be about the same mate.

Neil
    Current airguns:- Steyr LG110: Steyr LP10: Air Arms HFT500: Weihrauch97 fully customised.

As a new owner, could you kindly tell me why you would want to fit a 150 spring?

Quote Originally Posted by Vernal View Post
    As a new owner, could you kindly tell me why you would want to fit a 150 spring?
    Just for the slight increase in power, as I intend to shoot targets at, 10,25, and 30 metres.

dimebag1,

As an indication, my FWB300 (Not 'S'), with the one piece spring (from FWB150) makes ca. 656 fps with JSB Match 7.33 gr. pellets. That is a hair over 7 ft.lb.

As the 300 has a longer cocking arm than the 'S', I don't really notice much difference in the cocking effort compared with my 300SU.

Have fun

Best regards

Russ

Quote Originally Posted by PhatMan View Post
    dimebag1,

As an indication, my FWB300 (Not 'S'), with the one piece spring (from FWB150) makes ca. 656 fps with JSB Match 7.33 gr. pellets. That is a hair over 7 ft.lb.

As the 300 has a longer cocking arm than the 'S', I don't really notice much difference in the cocking effort compared with my 300SU.

Have fun

Best regards

Russ
    Thanks for that.
    Last edited by T 20; 28-03-2017 at 07:10 PM. Reason: Quote repair

My 300 (not S) makes 6.7 ft lbs with (as far as I know) the standard spring in it, using JSB Express for 25 yard bench rest, and feels very light to cock, although I don't have another match rifle to compare it with - so not much gain with a 150 spring?

Fitting the one piece spring [150] was a popular mod amongst Bell target shooters in the 70's and 80's, myself and many of my team mates included [ I actually did this mod 2 weeks ago for someone], it was accepted there was an increase in power, but chrono's were not around as much then, so the amount was a bit unknown, but if you needed to ring a bell for a 5, then it did make a difference. As far as I am aware, the two piece spring unit came about because FWB couldn't keep the power below 6 ft/ lbs and as such couldn't make the gun ''as it was'' this meant no proof mark was allowed.
    Increased cocking effort is non discernible really, but I suppose with modern technology someone will bother to measure it and advise us accordingly.
    It won't affect the recoil system unlike some other super power springs and does seem to improve the rifles handling, even if only in the mind.
    abellringer

Quote Originally Posted by abellringer View Post
    Fitting the one piece spring [150] was a popular mod amongst Bell target shooters in the 70's and 80's, myself and many of my team mates included [ I actually did this mod 2 weeks ago for someone], it was accepted there was an increase in power, but chrono's were not around as much then, so the amount was a bit unknown, but if you needed to ring a bell for a 5, then it did make a difference. As far as I am aware, the two piece spring unit came about because FWB couldn't keep the power below 6 ft/ lbs and as such couldn't make the gun ''as it was'' this meant no proof mark was allowed.
    Increased cocking effort is non discernible really, but I suppose with modern technology someone will bother to measure it and advise us accordingly.
    It won't affect the recoil system unlike some other super power springs and does seem to improve the rifles handling, even if only in the mind.
    abellringer
    Thanks for that.

Fwb300 springs

Gents, I had always been under the impression the double spring set up was to counteract any torque as it fired because the springs were wound in opposite directions. Never had mine apart(it's a 300s btw) so can't confirm it. For reference mine shoots at 611fps with RWS Basics 7grn, 579fps with JSB 8.02grn match & 534fps with R10 rifle 8.2grn. Never tried it with domes.
    ATB John.
    ok, I admit it, I've got a problem.
    [url]http://www.rivington-riflemen.uk/[url]

Quote Originally Posted by Vernal View Post
    My 300 (not S) makes 6.7 ft lbs with (as far as I know) the standard spring in it, using JSB Express for 25 yard bench rest, and feels very light to cock, although I don't have another match rifle to compare it with - so not much gain with a 150 spring?
    Pretty much ties in with what I get with my 300s after recently replacing the breech seal, piston buffer and standard spring(s). RWS wadcutters punch a pin sharp hole at 25m but I might try seeing what the drop-off is at 30 and 50m on my next club visit. Must be acceptable to those HFT/FT shooters who use a scoped FWB 300s from what I can gather.

Taking apart the FWB was quite absorbing but not all difficult with needle pliers, light hammer, small punch and a swiss army knife. There are lots of good vids on YouTube to show you how.

Love my 300s.
    Last edited by Johnson3392; 30-03-2017 at 12:26 AM.