Thread: Removing end cap from push on hw77 (non threaded no6) silencer question

Removing end cap from push on hw77 (non threaded no6) silencer question

Can this be done with a little heat? There is an empty chamber that I'd like to try a curler and felt insert. The silencer itself needs repainted so I am not worried about damaging the finish. It looks like it is from the bisley range.

I tried to put one back on once and it took a Lump hammer and a heat gun and about a night of my time they really are a nightmare to take off. Saying that mine was from the 80's so had 30 odd years to bed in. If it's new it may be easier.

Also I took off the whole silencer so the end cap may be easier.

77 silencer

Is it the same thing we are talking about? I was meaning the slip on silencer held on with the grub screw.
    I may be wrong but the "cap" as I'm calling it looks like a separate part to the tube of the silencer. I'm just not sure how the two are attached (pressed in,glued or other). If they are indeed two separate components joined together I'm thinking the force/heat could damage it anyway and wouldn't be worth the effort for such a minimal gain of putting a small baffle in. It's a 77k so it cracks a fair bit when fired and the basic chamber inside should do a job anyway.
    If it was held on with locktite my idea was to heat the end then drift it out with a small punch from the other end.
    (Excuse the rubbish overlay drawing on my phone )

I was thinking a quick heat and a nudge on the circle area of the drawing would do the trick? The silencer paint is all flaked and worn so it needs stripped and sprayed regardless. Unless I hear of a successful attempt by anyone I'll leave it alone, use it as is and eventually invest in a proper hw one !