Thread: FWB300s seal repair, how easy?

FWB300s seal repair, how easy?

A friend of mine has had the seals go on his fwb300, does anyone know if they are easy to work on and if instructions for seal replacement are available?

Failing that is there anyone in the Chelmsford area who repairs these?

It seems a service kit us available from Germany so hopefully parts won't be a problem.

Thanks

Graham

Not difficult at all. Plenty of stripdown guides on the web. 'PILKGUNS' is a good source of info.

John
    Law of any kind only affects those willing to abide by it.

Graham,

Surprisingly, the FW300 is very straightforward to strip !

Some excellent video guides are here : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWL...AgPp2XA/videos

Dis-assembly : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4MJsRTIx2I

Re-assembly : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkkNDxn79aE

Have fun

Best regards

Russ

Agreed with all of the above. The hardest part is if the one or both screws for the trigger group are seized up. Make sure you use a well fitting screwdriver, especially if the gun still has it's original seals. That means those screws haven't been turned for over 30 years.
    Last edited by PAXIL; 28-03-2017 at 05:56 PM.
    If you are already aiming for the exact center of everything, then the target’s size shouldn’t matter — the center of a beach ball is just as big as the center of an aspirin tablet. -Byron Ferguson

Many thanks for the replies. I really appreciate the help you can get from this site.

Hi Graham,
    Good luck with your DIY strip and seal replacement on the FWB300.
    When the piston seal on mine failed a couple of years ago I had to take it to Mays of Buckhurst Hill to carry out the work since the 2 hardened pins in the action had corroded and seized solid and had to be ground out. It cost me a total of £135 (mostly labour) but also included a new breach seal so good luck!
    Aubrey

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.
    Ifyou don't want to do it yourself, "Wonky Donky" on here will do it. I have used him for both modern and classic repairs and he is very competent, prompt, and reasonable priced and I can highly recomend him. I know he also does the classic repairs for the UK FWB importer.

If you can't find his contact, email and I'll forward his email to you.

Best of luck
    Robin
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

FWB Stripdown

Agree with everything above. I obtained a seal, spring and piston buffer kit with lube from Germany and following a YouTube vid, I had it stripped down in a couple of hours. I used needle pliers, a small punch, light hammer, screwdriver and a swiss army knife. As said by Paxil make sure the screwdriver is a good fit for the trigger group screws.

Stripdown and reassembly was absorbing and not at all difficult. There is a myriad of advice about lubrication however which is probably best left for the more knowledgable. I reassembled everything dry after a thorough clean and light polish of the piston. The only lube I used was a dab of moly grease on each end of the new spring and light oil to the external linkages. The old seal was prised out with a screwdriver (care needed to avoid damaging the seat) and I used a corkscrew to remove the piston buffer. Good for another 30 years!