This is quoted from Hawke ' s website.

"If any Hawke product is found to have defects in materials or workmanship, we will repair or, if repair is not possible, replace the product with an equivalent."

I purchased a new Hawke Panorama (HK5166) at a discounted price which turned out to be faulty so the retailer asked me to return it and he would in turn send it back to the manufacturer for assessment. I received a call one week later stating that it was indeed faulty but couldn't be repaired. I was told that as my scope was a discontinued model the replacement would be a Vantage. I argued that I purchased a Panorama so surely the equivalent is a current Panorama. I was then told that the modern Vantage is the equivalent of the discontinued Panorama. I looked at the spec's of the scopes and my original Panorama has 16 coats on the lenses whereas the modern Vantage has 11. The retailer (Morgan's of Oswestry), who have been brilliant with me told me that after a lengthy conversation with the manufacturer that they would honour this.
3 weeks later I receive a phone call from Morgan's telling me that the Panorama has arrived but they have been billed the difference in price. They offered me the option of a refund of the original price but I said that I wanted the Panorama and reluctantly paid the difference. Morgan's have kindly bundled some bits and pieces as a goodwill gesture but Hawke remain steadfast.
I have heard nothing but positive things regarding Hawke as a brand and have read on here people have had "no quibble" exchanges but I feel I have had the wool pulled over my eyes with this one. The above quote from the Hawke website seems to have not been followed up to me. I would think 16 coats on a scope compared to 11 coats is not equivalent.
Perhaps I'm expecting too much from them.