Thread: HFT500 Fill Pressure

HFT500 Fill Pressure

Can anyone tell me if the correct fill pressure for the HFT500 is between 100 and 110 bar?

Is that it's sweet spot as it seems a bit low.

Many thanks

Maximum fill pressure is 190 bar. My sweet spot is around 100 shots from 175 to 115 bar with maximum power around 145 bar.

Alan

Fill to 190 and re-fill when it gets down to about 110.
    You'll have to do a full shot string over a chrono to find were the sweet spot is.

Quote Originally Posted by JIMBO97 View Post
    Can anyone tell me if the correct fill pressure for the HFT500 is between 100 and 110 bar?

Is that it's sweet spot as it seems a bit low.

Many thanks
    Max safe fill pressure 190. Sweet range 110~170 , best spread 120~160.

A.G

The manual states 100 - 110 bar that's why I queried it.
    I have been filling mine to 180 bar.
    I'm using holdover and have noticed my point of impact marks are very widely spaced after 40 yards.
    With my zero at 40 yards shooting at distances of 45,50 and 55 yards my pellet seems to drop like a stone, and on windy days the pellet just goes where it wants.

I was wondering if it was a Fill pressure problem or something more sinister.

Quote Originally Posted by JIMBO97 View Post
    The manual states 100 - 110 bar that's why I queried it.
    I have been filling mine to 180 bar.
    I'm using holdover and have noticed my point of impact marks are very widely spaced after 40 yards.
    With my zero at 40 yards shooting at distances of 45,50 and 55 yards my pellet seems to drop like a stone, and on windy days the pellet just goes where it wants.

I was wondering if it was a Fill pressure problem or something more sinister.
    No, 110 bar is the minimum cylinder pressure that the gun will operate with consistency. I would advise you to get yourself a Combro and monitor the Muzzel Velocity over the full fill. If the gun is working as it should you will see that at full safe pressure of 190 the gun starts with the MV in the mid 700s and it will go up as the cylinder pressure drops. Around 170 it starts to level off and remains so till you hit 120 and then starts to drop off again. I zero my .177s at 30 yards and then find the drop at longer ranges . Wind is the enemy of precision shooting and you would expect the pellet to fly all over the place, no surprises there.

A.G