Thread: Ruger 77/50

markreid is offline Happy to be fishing and shooting

Ruger 77/50

Got a ruger 77/50 .50 in line black powder rifle, thinking of putting a scope on it, does anybody know of a scope that would be upto the job, i.e., would withstand the recoil and also something that is reasonably cheap or can be picked up cheap on the s/hand market ?
    There is no such thing as a dangerous gun, there are dangeruous people though

hi,i use a Simmons 1.5-5 x20 on my 45/70 Marlin 1895 with full house nitro loads without any problems,i think you should be able to pick one up from the optics section of the forum for £100 ish..
    more guns than you can shake a stick at!

markreid is offline Happy to be fishing and shooting
    Quote Originally Posted by greasemonkey View Post
    hi,i use a Simmons 1.5-5 x20 on my 45/70 Marlin 1895 with full house nitro loads without any problems,i think you should be able to pick one up from the optics section of the forum for £100 ish..

Cheers, as it happens got one of them laying round that was waiting for another project, that hasn't been started as yet
    There is no such thing as a dangerous gun, there are dangeruous people though

Quote Originally Posted by markreid View Post
    Got a ruger 77/50 .50 in line black powder rifle, thinking of putting a scope on it, does anybody know of a scope that would be upto the job, i.e., would withstand the recoil and also something that is reasonably cheap or can be picked up cheap on the s/hand market ?
    Interest here to learn what you are going to load it with, please.

tac