Thread: BOOKS by Wesley the Bay Heads up

BOOKS by Wesley the Bay Heads up

I collect airguns not books but have been wandering ( aimlessly ) around the Net ..as you do ... and found this so a heads- up for book collectors here ...lol ..

http://www./itm/122417683884?ssPageN...84.m1555.l2649

Is it worth it ?
    I mean I'd rather spend a chunk of cash like this on pellets or even a broken airpistol needing a resto ... I know enough that Wesley and his book are worth reading . How many editions were there - by analysis does that mean the last edition ( if it was updated ) is worth more to actual airgunners/collectors as a reference source ? ? ?
    Hillers and Knibb's books - again the same question .
    Last / latest edition best to go for , or early editions ?

Just read my own text above and see the link is disabled , no idea ... so here is the Bay i.d number : 122417683884
    Still think its a little on the rich side unless somebody here can enlighten me that its a rareity or info therein worth buying ? Otherwise I'll ignore and sometime later get a later edition .
    Last edited by Jimny4x4; 28-03-2017 at 09:19 PM.

micky2 is online now The collector formerly known as micky
    No is the anser, although 1st editions will nealy always will get more money, but you should be able to get a 1st edition copy for around £15-20 maybe less

Talking

Probably the same bloke that was chancing it with the Venom scope for over £200 from the Melbourne fayre!!

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Books

I had an interest once in books and book collecting . 1st Editions can be surprisingly valuable even if printed in large batches . I have tagged it and will wait and see ... this book so say reading the listing has printer's amendments stickered on haphazard like . From my old book days , that in itself is worth noting as out of the usual . I am also tagging a few later editions just in case ....

Ha! I thought so... have one on my shelf. First edition. Did they ever reprint it? What's it worth? I don't know. Not a lot perhaps.

Thumbs up

I've two copies of this book, One i've had since I was about 12 years old and wrote an essay about airguns, I used it for reference!

The other one I bought more recently from a chap at a Bonsai club, He was asking £20 for it!

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

micky2 is online now The collector formerly known as micky
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmieDee View Post
    Ha! I thought so... have one on my shelf. First edition. Did they ever reprint it? What's it worth? I don't know. Not a lot perhaps.
    First published November 1955. 2nd edition Jan 1957, 3rd ed revised and enlarged 1961, 4th ed 1964, 5th 1965, 6th ed revised and enlarged 1971, plus 3 more 6th ed up to 1978. so there should be quite a few copys out there. still a good read.

Books

Still intrigued . Wish I paid more attention to Book collecting seminars now .
    Last edited by Jimny4x4; 04-10-2017 at 01:24 PM.