Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Theoben Valuation

Theoben Valuation

Gents, due to a change in circumstances I have decided to thin out most of my collection over the coming weeks and months and would appreciate a valuation on the following

A pristine example of a .22 calibre Theoben SLR98, walnut right handed sporter stock, correct magazine and Theoben 25mm mounts. Virtually unused. Looks like the day it left the factory. Also an alloy Logun moderator to fit the above and 2 spare correct magazines

Thanks in advance,

Ken

I'm sure there is one or two people on here looking for one.

http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....theorben-slr88

£450 - £500 if truly excellent condition.

John
    Law of any kind only affects those willing to abide by it.

secretagentmole Guest
    Want but cannot afford!

Quote Originally Posted by bighit View Post
    I'm sure there is one or two people on here looking for one.

http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....theorben-slr88
    I am after the slr88 but thsnks for the thought buddy. Regards. Chris

Quote Originally Posted by WILBA View Post
    I am after the slr88 but thsnks for the thought buddy. Regards. Chris
    sorry Chris . did not know there was slr88

paul

Quote Originally Posted by bighit View Post
    sorry Chris . did not know there was slr88

paul
    Hey i appreciated the heads up m8 so do not be sorry. Thanks for letting me know buddy. Regards. Chris

Quote Originally Posted by WILBA View Post
    Hey i appreciated the heads up m8 so do not be sorry. Thanks for letting me know buddy. Regards. Chris
    its cool. just in case you got your hopes up.

hope you find one

paul

Would have thought at least another £100 ontop of that top figure, might just hang onto mine for a bit longer.

Good luck with the sale.

Regards

Martin

The SLR 98 is not an SLR88. Collectors think the SLR88 (in its several guises) is the finest rifle Theoben made. The 88 demands a hefty premium.
    Now the 98 struggled, as did the rest of the gasram range, to sell well in the final years of Theoben. They are fantastic rifles, just not competitive with PCP's. What price then for the final years run of Theoben and as a SLR98?... Tricky.
    Some think the price should fall due to spares and servicing issues. Now that someone is taking on the Theoben works then I'm dubtful that spares or servicing is such a big issue (had my Fenman checked not long ago). Some think they should demand a premium as no more will be made.
    Theoben made their gasrams in good numbers and they were always of a quality to admire. Never cheap either. Number aren't huge and most examples look good and many almost mint.

Given the above I think they are worth close to what they cost when new if in mint or excellent condition. Tad less for used but lovely condition. Well used then in freefall..
    Maybe in a few years they might demand a premium, but its a bit early yet. Definitely a possibility to make a collection of while they are still about in numbers.
    Last edited by Muskett; 01-04-2017 at 09:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Muskett View Post
    The SLR 98 is not an SLR88. Collectors think the SLR88 (in its several guises) is the finest rifle Theoben made. The 88 demands a hefty premium.
    Now the 98 struggled, as did the rest of the gasram range, to sell well in the final years of Theoben. They are fantastic rifles, just not competitive with PCP's. What price then for the final years run of Theoben and as a SLR98?... Tricky.
    Some think the price should fall due to spares and servicing issues. Now that someone is taking on the Theoben works then I'm dubtful that spares or servicing is such a big issue (had my enman checked not long ago). Some think they should demand a premium as no more will be made.
    Theoben made their gasrams in good numbers and they were always of a quality to admire. Never cheap either. Number aren't huge and most examples look good and many almost mint.

Given the above I think they are worth close to what they cost when new if in mint or excellent condition. Tad less for used but lovely condition. Well used then in freefall..
    Maybe in a few years they might demand a premium, but its a bit early yet. Definitely a possibility to make a collection of while they are still about in numbers.
    Excellent analogy Muskett. What would your valuation be on the rifle in question taking into consideration the 3 as new magazines and the sound moderator. Believe me, the condition is as new

There's been in mint boxed one on Gunstar for about six months for £450 and it hasn't sold, so I'd say £400. Worth a look at the advert to see what you think.

Thanks Blackmax I missed the ad on Gunstar, that's exactly what I was after. It is up for £485 described as mint and boxed and has not sold so I think I know where I need to be now. I would assume it only has one magazine and no moderator

Quote Originally Posted by ken69 View Post
    Thanks Blackmax I missed the ad on Gunstar, that's exactly what I was after. It is up for £485 described as mint and boxed and has not sold so I think I know where I need to be now. I would assume it only has one magazine and no moderator
    Might be worth, giving them a bell and 'showing an interest'?, you'll find out all you need to know then. That one has been on there for months.

Just spoke to the shop owner Blackmax. He say's the advertisement is 2 years old and for some reason Gunstar have not taken it off. Gun sold a long time ago