Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Which one would you keep

Quote Originally Posted by BAD DAZ View Post
    Ahhh, you've just reminded me of my days in the cadets
    They used to make us shoot them at indoor ranges laid on crash mats, not much I wouldn't have done to have a day in the fields with one. Stripping single fire SA80's / Cadet GP's was a waste of shooting time
    Cheers
    Dan

Quote Originally Posted by max headroom View Post
    DAZ do you know how we got the small stock. Winston Churchill had small arms and could not reach the trigger. i actually shot his rifle.
    No I didn't know that mate, I bet I could still strip one blindfolded tho, they made us do it all the time lol

Quote Originally Posted by BAD DAZ View Post
    No I didn't know that mate, I bet I could still strip one blindfolded tho, they made us do it all the time lol
    stripping is easy. putting the bggr back together is the bggr. got my finger stuck in a sten: eek: it hurt.
    the only thing i can find wrong is the nut on the steering wheel.

I have a few nice guns in my collection, but my AA Pro/elite .22 would be the one remaining.
    Les..

Nightmare question, as the fact we all have at least several guns means that just one is not enough.

I've only a few, 2 i bought and 3 hand-me-downs with great sentimental value. I'm torn between one from each category.

my choices:

1906 BSA Lincoln Jeffries
    1913 Improved Model D
    FWB 300S Match
    Diana 75
    1922 BSA Model 8 22LR

the first 2 were the club guns in my great grandmothers pub in the early to mid 1900s, used for bell competitions. As a kid i went everywhere with the Model D and lent the LJ to whichever mate I was roaming the countryside with.
    The Model 8 was my great aunts and she won a silver medal with it at Bisley in the 1920's, offhand I can still get 2 inch 5 shot groups with it at 50m ( peep sights).

My heart says Model 8, it's accurate, fun, everyone at the club wants a go, big family history and a magnificent piece of engineering.

My head says the OP question was probably more air so:

I'd choose the 300s.
    The IMD was my childhood friend, is lovely and beautifully made but, for me aperture sights are way better than V. the FWB is easily as well made as the model D so my engineering sensibilities are sated. The 300s is superbly accurate, a joy to shoot and can be shot anywhere (I get real gyp for using the model 8 indoors ;-) ), for me it is a perfect combination of form and function ( the 75 is a sniff better, dare I say it in the looks department, but is also a sniff less in everything else) and despite all the sentimentality, the FWB is the gun I admired from afar as a kid but could never afford. I finally got round to getting one so it is truly the gun I chose rather than inherited, it's the gun I chose to buy. The 300s is the one for me.

cheers

andy