Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gamo PT-85 v Umarex Beretta PX-4 Storm

Gamo PT-85 v Umarex Beretta PX-4 Storm

Looking for a mulishot PELLET pistol. Accuracy is paramount. Any thoughts / experiences with these two ?
    Thanks

Just bought the Gamo .
    I was in exactly the same position.
    Have a look on YouTube there is a video doing a direct comparison.
    I find that the Gamo shoots low and you cannot adjust the sights .
    I have just bought a tactical rail and holographic sight , so roll on weekend when I get to give it a blast.
    CO2 semi autos in my opinion will not clover leaf but you can get a reasonable group down to size with practice.

Don't forget to factor in the cost of spare magazines as well.
    Your going to need some .

eyebull is offline Even a stopped clock is right twice a day
    Get an Umarex Smith and Wesson. It is the king of the multishot pellet pistols.
    Good deals with these members

Quote Originally Posted by eyebull View Post
    Get an Umarex Smith and Wesson. It is the king of the multishot pellet pistols.
    I've got one in 6". Tried lots of different quality pellets and TBH I didn't find it that accurate. It's up for sale inc a magic9 silencer adapter

Quote Originally Posted by Alakar View Post
    Just bought the Gamo .
    I was in exactly the same position.
    Have a look on YouTube there is a video doing a direct comparison.
    I find that the Gamo shoots low and you cannot adjust the sights .
    I have just bought a tactical rail and holographic sight , so roll on weekend when I get to give it a blast.
    CO2 semi autos in my opinion will not clover leaf but you can get a reasonable group down to size with practice.
    Thanks, watched that, the Replica air Gun guy is always concerned with it being a good replica, it looks like the Gamo just shades it, but the shorter blowback of the Umarex will be better on gas. Let me know how you get on with the red dot

Quote Originally Posted by David22 View Post
    I've got one in 6". Tried lots of different quality pellets and TBH I didn't find it that accurate. It's up for sale inc a magic9 silencer adapter
    That seems unusual.
    Have you checked that it is indexing correctly?
    What pellets did you try? Mine are keen on RWS hobby, but the pellets must be well seated.

That seems unusual.
    Have you checked that it is indexing correctly?
    What pellets did you try? Mine are keen on RWS hobby, but the pellets must be well seated.
    Yes, I've read it likes any German pellets, I've used RWS Hobby, in fact there's a full tin in my sale / exchange, looking for a swap with a Ratcatcher XL, see swap section

Have you checked the indexing pawl for wear though?

Odd. The 5/686 is usually reckoned to be the most accurate of the Co2 pellet pistols.

I own a PT-80, the non-blowback predecessor of the 85. It is fine as the cheap plinker it is (I think I paid all of £30 for mine, used) but is clearly below the Umarexes in build quality and accuracy.

I have not used the PX-4 but reviews I have seen are not very encouraging. I would steer you toward the CP88 and Beretta 92. The CP99, C225, and Colt 1911 are accurate in single-action, but have poorer double-action triggers that make tight groups a challenge.

Accuracy paramount, forget the PT 85 and the PX4
    Go for one of the Umarex Pellet Pistols CP88 Comp, S&W 586/686, Desert Eagle, Government 1911
    Or you could go with the CP1 in multi shot?
    Baikal MP654 MP53M IZH-46M LP53 CP88comp Alecto .177 LB, .22 Tempest .177, .22 Cr 2240 Weih HW45 HW45BS HW70 HW75 XSP180 Cometa Indian Hatsan25 Scorp MKII Benj Trail NP AVOKE Diana P5 Avanti747 * PLUS Over 70, Co2 BB/Pellet Pistols*

Quote Originally Posted by ejackyou View Post
    Accuracy paramount, forget the PT 85 and the PX4
    Go for one of the Umarex Pellet Pistols CP88 Comp, S&W 586/686, Desert Eagle, Government 1911
    Or you could go with the CP1 in multi shot?
    The fundemental problem with all these type of pistols is the revolving magazines.
    Unlike the machined from solid mags in pcp air rifles, these things are cast mazak.
    I set one up once to try to improve it, rotating it in a dividing head chuck on the milling machine with a view to reaming each hole but alas just could not get any one hole to index around to the next position without at least 0.05 to 0.1 mm of error hole to hole......and thus far too much error to put the reamer through centrally after aligning the first hole.
    Then trigger pressures too high.

It would be wonderful if they came up with a single shot Ruger arrangement which broke open at the barrel for pellet seating direct into barrel and a trigger which did not then need to feel the weight of index a magazine.
    They are what they are ....fun repeaters with a bit more accuracy than say a kids bb pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    Odd. The 5/686 is usually reckoned to be the most accurate of the Co2 pellet pistols.

I own a PT-80, the non-blowback predecessor of the 85. It is fine as the cheap plinker it is (I think I paid all of £30 for mine, used) but is clearly below the Umarexes in build quality and accuracy.

I have not used the PX-4 but reviews I have seen are not very encouraging. I would steer you toward the CP88 and Beretta 92. The CP99, C225, and Colt 1911 are accurate in single-action, but have poorer double-action triggers that make tight groups a challenge.
    I researched it, if the 586 is the best it doesn't say much for the others ! I'm going to give it another go, as another person said, you're never going to get the accuracy of a single shot pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by David22 View Post
    I researched it, if the 586 is the best it doesn't say much for the others ! I'm going to give it another go, as another person said, you're never going to get the accuracy of a single shot pistol.
    Check the indexing pawl for wear. If anyone has ever forced the trigger when it has jammed, or if it has been used roughly, it may have worn and will now not be indexing the magazine properly, causing accuracy issues.

Check the indexing pawl for wear. If anyone has ever forced the trigger when it has jammed, or if it has been used roughly, it may have worn and will now not be indexing the magazine properly, causing accuracy issues.
    Yes (as you have said before ).

David: you should get groups of between 1" and 1.25" at 10M from a 5/686 with typical OK wadcutters (one or more of Hobbys, Gecos, R10s etc).