Been a bit windy down here but quite by chance I noticed something interesting when shooting with a couple of different rifles... one of them seemed to have very little windage by comparison - this was a BSA barrel fitted onto a rapid. It was a quicky job I did a while back, and upon closer inspection, I realised that the crown was not cut square - it was 5-10degress out (by eye).. and pointed to the RHS, into the wind as I shot along my garden... Now I'm thinking if the pellet is launching into the wind and this reduces it's windage, what about evelvation ? So I recut the crown, still around 7 degrees out, but this time pointed up, away fom the porting... so the pellet is now leaving the muzzle pointed slightly upwards...

It's not a massive affect, but I reckon with the same 30 yard zero, I'm taking about 1/2" less drop at 40 yards in a .22 Maybe time to experiment with more aggressive angles ? I guess the pellet is flying kinda nose up, a bit like skipping a stone accross a pond, rather than getting stuck in and dragged down ? Accuracy isn't quite as good either, but the trajectory advantage might be worth it