Thread: Sightron 36x42 vs Weaver T36

Sightron 36x42 vs Weaver T36

Hi Team,

I'm intending buying a fixed, high mag scope for 25yd air rifle bench rest comps. Anyone had experience of both the Sightron 36x42BRD and the Weaver T36 (Leupold Comp out of budget, pension only goes so far!)? They seem very similar scopes on paper, but if you know better..

Accuracy and repeatability of turret settings is critical for me, I need to get those "X" scores to win. It will sit on an FTP900 which has a Huma reg with prepped AA Field pellets. And yes, I know I am the weakest link, particularly when the sticker goes on that target card and the heart rate starts to rise!

Thanks, Rob.

ps. and my son won't let me have his IOR 36x42, ungrateful little devil

Hi Rob

I would recommend the Weaver over the sightron, I have used both and have the weaver as my Bench Rest scope. Amazing glass from Japan and weaver scopes are great quality.

Have fun taking out those X's, at least you will be able to see them clearly with the weaver.

Tony

Thanks

Hi Tony,

Thanks for your response, just what I was looking for. Break open the piggy bank next week.

Rob.

robt,

I have only had experience of the Sightron 36x42 Big Sky (on a custom 6mm BR rifle), shooting 100 & 200 yard benchrest, and it was, for me, an excellent scope.

Can't comment on the Sightron's adjustment reproducibility, as bench-rest is shot for group, and you usually aim off for corrections.

Have fun & a good Sunday,

Best regards

Russ

Quote Originally Posted by robt View Post
    Hi Tony,

Thanks for your response, just what I was looking for. Break open the piggy bank next week.

Rob.
    Rob

You may want to consider what reticule you have, I prefer the strait cross hair over the target dot, for me the cross hair is clean and gives a very precise aimpoint, just something else to consider.

Tony

Weaver T 36

I recently purchased a new T36 with target dot for my Martini international MK11, it is superb, very sharp and clear. I also find ,for my eyes ( in my 70s ) that the eye relief is critical but have now got used to it. My scores have improved and i would not change it.

Thanks

Thanks for the feedback guys, exactly what I was looking for. Interesting about the reticle, I was thinking about the dot version after using my son's IOR which has a floating dot, will think again.

Thanks again, Rob.