Thread: Scope with spirit level inside

Born Again Guest

Scope with spirit level inside

Does anybody make a scope with a bubble, or some kind of level inside, so it can be seen when looking through the scope ? Or has anyone made an external gizmo that can be retro fitted to a normal scope, maybe with a green go light or something to indicate verticality (?).

harris hawker Guest
    you can buy a spirit level that sits on the top of your scope but not sure about inside a scope though

Dave. Guest
    The Kassnar Beta 3 scopes had a level inside but they were discontinued many years ago, secondhand ones pop up now and again but pretty rare.

There was a thread about this one here a few months ago - it was about this $129 plus shipping and customs sounds a bit much to me - I think I'll just keep on practicing my hold and stance

Born Again Guest
    That's exactly the kind of thing I was thinking of. Cheers

I've got one on my scope, I think I got it from Drapers in Nottingham. It sits on the scope mounts,you replace the standard screws & fit spacers to raise it up. you can just look up & check if you are all level without moving your eye from the cheekpiece.
    I find it very useful when using a bipod.

PM your email addy & I'll send a piccy for your perusal.

Keith.

Previously, Sunny Wigan-on-Sea, Lancs, now Canada

spirit levels

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Again
    Does anybody make a scope with a bubble, or some kind of level inside, so it can be seen when looking through the scope ? Or has anyone made an external gizmo that can be retro fitted to a normal scope, maybe with a green go light or something to indicate verticality (?).
    I made and sold at cost, about 50 over the last five years. The last 3 or 4 were on this site this year. You need someone like a model engineer with access to decent machinery, a spirit level 'bubble' and half a pair of scope mounts. The result is, I think, the most accurate method of correcting rifle cant.

Born Again Guest
    I can see how the spirit bubble and scope mount thing would work, but I'm looking for something I can see while looking through the scope. One idea I had was for a ball bearing in a curved track/tube mounted underneath the scope, with a LED light shining through a small hole so that the ball blocked the light when it was level, on the other side of the ball would be a short fibre optic cable up to the scope lens. When the rifle is level the light does off. Any other suggestions welcome.

Hi guys,
    Springfield Armory (note spelling) make scopes with internal bubbles.

http://www.impactguns.com/store/SS-40126.html

They were surprisingly cheap, considering the optical systems involved but most of the companies in the States that actually have them in stock, don't ship outside the USA. Big "UP" for free enterprise.

I've just had a look at the Springfield Armory website and they no longer have riflescope links on their page and from other info., found here, I suspect they might no longer be in production;

http://www.impactguns.com/store/springfield_scopes.html

They "were" phenomenal scopes, that were snapped up by police forces and the military, in the States and I suspect they are now producing solely for that market.

Sandy

I've got a Beta 3 6x42 with the bubble. Great idea!

The reticle is a bit thick for my taste but it's offset at the moment as the Eliminator I had "loosened" it a while ago

Must get it fixed...

Ed

Velocette Guest
    Im not sure if this is technically correct,,,,but ,,I took the small bubble tube out of a giveaway Screwfix spirit level and stuck it with Blu-tack onto the top turret cap on my AGS Swat scope. Its fitted on my Leupied Stealth which is sensitive to cant because the scope is quite high on the action. I shoot with both eyes open and can see the level quite easily while sighting.

Born Again Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Velocette
    Im not sure if this is technically correct,,,,but ,,I took the small bubble tube out of a giveaway Screwfix spirit level and stuck it with Blu-tack onto the top turret cap on my AGS Swat scope. Its fitted on my Leupied Stealth which is sensitive to cant because the scope is quite high on the action. I shoot with both eyes open and can see the level quite easily while sighting.
    I think this one gets the award for simplicity, I might try this just to see if I really need an "in-scope" solution.

Look at the "Microlevel" from Daystate, fits over eyepiece and has LED's that indicate if the scope is canted over, sensitivity is also adjustable. LED's are visible while looking through the scope. Expensive but clever.

Paul