Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Excuses for shooting poorly

Quote Originally Posted by thumbhole View Post
    There are no excuses, you either produce a good shot or a bad shot, if you make excuses you are only trying to justify to the other shit shots that you are not as shit as they are. Be honest to yourself you missed therefore you are shit. practise,practise,practise the more practise the more consistent a shit shot you will be.
    That's some serious 'shit' rite there !...

Quote Originally Posted by thumbhole View Post
    There are no excuses, you either produce a good shot or a bad shot, if you make excuses you are only trying to justify to the other shit shots that you are not as shit as they are. Be honest to yourself you missed therefore you are shit. practise,practise,practise the more practise the more consistent a shit shot you will be.
    This is untrue.

I can be a shit shot WITHOUT practising, practice just confirms how bad I am.......!

Adrian
    My wife DOES know how much my rifle cost - she bought it for me! Blaser R8 Success Mono LH with .22lr. .204 Ruger, 6.5 x 55 and .308

My usual excuse is "I am just shite." Not only is this statement true, it also puts fellow shooters off watching my performance too closely. My eldest sons usual on the HFT course is the old favourite "parallax error." Load of b-----s. He is just shite as well.

Andy
    Member, the Feinwerkbau Sport appreciation Society (over 50's chapter)
    http://www.rivington-riflemen.eu/ Andy, from the North !

BigEars Guest
    Marmalade on the comb is my favorite.

'Poor' shooting needs no excuse, we ARE shooting and without us there would only be about 10 shooters at most events, so next time you see someone miss remember to tell them, "Well done mate, it's shooters like you that make this sport what it is.."

It's some of the top competition guys who should be making excuses, ........for wearing those flippin' gimp coats....