Thread: Baikal Makarov co2 accuracy

Baikal Makarov co2 accuracy

Having a play with my delightful new toy, thought I try the accuracy. Tried three types of projectile, one steel bb's, lead bb's and flat head pellets. Single shot not double action, double action needs some trigger work on it and no where near as good as my old S&W mod 27 .357 in the good old days of pistol shooting when I used double action all the time. Steel shot at 7 yards was as expected about a 3inch group and I suspect more open at a further distance, yet to be tested. With the lead bb's the group was a bit tighter at about an inch much more of an improvement which I am happy about. I thought I would try normal airgun pellets but these had to be put in manually with some thin long nosed tweezers, remove the mag, lock the slide back, load pellet etc. Bit laborious but worth the results shame a mag can't be designed for pellets. The results were even tighter near one hole group. Just shows that this little pistol is a little gem in itself. Anyone else tried pellets through theirs.

Pellets

I've had a few generation maks over the years and I did read a thread many years ago about a chap who also used the tweezer method to single feed pellets pretty sure he also had good results.

Sure there was a article or blog thingy on it.

I know the UBC forum has a lot of the old threads and advice etc from the defuncked mak owners club forum from many years ago.

With the rifled barrel on the mak one would certainly expect decent accuracy especially over the bb even including the lead bb's

I can't even remember if I ever tried the tweezer pellet method on my old maks but if I ever get another one something I will try

A proper magazine pellet fed mak would be awesome

Should it ever happen I would certainly be first inline to purchase one