Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How many air rifles have you owned at one time?

How many air rifles have you owned at one time?

How many rifles have you owned, then thought i need to slim down the collection? I once thought three was too many😃Now I seem to think that three of each type is not enough 😐 The more i get, the more I seem to want......My pal said I should get back to having three. A springer, a Gas Ram and a PCP.....Maybe

I could do it, but I haven't been diagnosed with anything serious yet!

Whats your record haul of air rifles ?

11 I think, but trust me, that's nothing to what some on here own

I had about 50 Gem patterns at one time!...here's a pic of 26 of them lined up
    blah blah

I did at one time have just over 40 springers and 8 pumpers and 11 pcp Guns, Got about 15 now in total.

I probably have about 20 something, i don't actually remember what i have .

Quote Originally Posted by hammy View Post
    I probably have about 20 something, i don't actually remember what i have .
    any more and your license would be 15 pages lol.

that's if they listed the rifles on the license.

I wonder if that's why they are not listed. they would be there all week checking some on heres collections

I have 2 . hw99s in .22 and a theoben evolution in .22.

Probably about 4 at one time.
    Got down to 2 now, falcon light hunter in .20 and a custom MFR in .22
    They keep me smiling

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    At my collecting height in 2009/10 I had 68 air guns. I remember that quite vividly as being the actual number, as it brought to mind the song '68 Guns' by the band The Alarm, circa 1984ish ...

Said 68 guns in my collection at that time included 12 different model Webley & Scott over-lever pistols, eight different makes of gat-style plunger pistol spanning back to 1932, my difinitve Webley Vulcan collection of ten variants, a selection of six different HW35s, several Airsporters and Meteors, three Original 45s (one in each cal), plus many more far too numerous to list (including two p.c.p. Air rifles for good measure) ...

My divorce soon put pay to that wonderful collection, however, but not before Airgun World published a four page article written by me, with photos, on my collection -- and collecting -- back in 2009.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

I have far too many.

Many of which never get used and are mostly duplicates.

But I have my reasons....Assuming I reach retirement age and I'm still able to shoot, they'll all be there waiting to be played with. If I don't have the spare cash to buy any more when retirement comes, this lot will keep me going.

Plus, as long as our lovely little toys don't ever get banned, values should increase, especially so on one or two of my rarer / more special guns.

If I had more spare cash and storage space, I would keep adding to the collection.

But I bet I'll never have as many as T20 and JohnBaz and, no doubt, a few other lucky chappies.

However, and a few of us were having a chat about this at The Bash last weekend.....the problem with having a selection of different guns to go at doesn't help your shooting if you're constantly swapping / trying out differnt ones. I'd love to pick just one out and think, "Right, this year I am going to stick to just the one gun. Get to properly know it inside out. Every little foible and detail. Have its trajectory permanently wired into my brain. And shoot it all the time so that it becomes part of me". Y'know, like years ago when you only had the one. And, good, bad or indifferent, because you knew it so well and it became part of you, as a pairing you were unflappable.

But which to choose?????
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

eyebull is offline Even a stopped clock is right twice a day
    Including pistols?
    About 40-odd, at peak, Probably 30-something right now. It's been a while since I had a census
    Good deals with these members

flyingfish is offline I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    I have 3, an underlever, a pcp and a new (to me ) break barrel.
    I am hoping this proves enough.At least for now.

Pete
    Pete

Well this thread makes me feel better - the most I've had at any one time is 7.
    It would be nice to still have all of the ones that I've owned over the last couple of years - that would be around 20 but, I shudder to think of the cost

Right now it's 3 - little 'uns ..177 pcp and, I have a springer and pcp in the same calibre.

All of the above.

I have lost count. About the same as Gareth in his heyday. About 40-50 rifles, and 25 or so pistols, not counting a few in bits that may or may not be complete. I just sort of accumulate them and have done since I was a kid.

For the first time, I have recently thought of thinning out the accumulation. Who needs a Diana 24, 25, 25D (just bought, not yet received), 27S and 28, when they all do basically the same thing? Why do I like owning a Beeman C1 when I think it is a silly thing that serves no useful purpose? Apart from those, why do I still own some guns that I actively dislike or just don't really get on with?

How the hell do I own two Gats, when I hate Gats?

Heck, they all seemed like good buys at the time...

And don't even get me started on the accumulation of scopes. Not the scopes I have on rifles, but the ones on a shelf that aren't. God's sake, a 1970s Tiara 4x28 turned up in the post tonight, and at least that one has a vaguely historically correct home on a 1963-65 Diana 35. Or maybe the 50. Or the Webley Falcon. Aargh!

Well, that's my catharsis done. Thing is, I do quite like having all this stuff around, and study it and play with it often, and have an understanding girlfriend (who really likes the older match pistols and the Walther LG55) and a 12-year old son who vaguely likes shooting. Which I guess is the point.

Usually two springers - rarely more...

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    But which to choose?????
    I recon the TX200 should be the one

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in