Thread: Hawke Airmax 2-7x32 AO AMX

Hawke Airmax 2-7x32 AO AMX

I put this Hawke Airmax 2-7x32 AO AMX on one of my FWB 300S Universals after having a Hawke Vantage 2-7x32 on my FWB 300 Junior. The main reason I changed was because I liked the finer cross-hairs on the Airmax that complimented the accuracy of the FWB 300 airguns. The heavier cross-hairs covered to much of the POA for my liking.

Like all the Hawke scopes I own this one is no different. Very clear lens, all functions work smoothly and a big factor ( for someone that needs it ) is the Focus/Parallax Adjustable Objective-7m/7.5 yards to infinity. Great for shooting sparrows and starlings off the feeder.

I wanted one of these after a demo at the northern shooting show and managed to bag one off here near new. Like you I love the amx reticle and short range focus its incredible. I also own the larger one like you. They can't be for everyone as the 32mm was 3rd hand! I think it depends on your eyes as does the panarama hawkes which I also love and own 3 of. Was going to comment on your shooting starlings, then realised where you live!

Quote Originally Posted by peddy View Post
    I wanted one of these after a demo at the northern shooting show and managed to bag one off here near new. Like you I love the amx reticle and short range focus its incredible. I also own the larger one like you. They can't be for everyone as the 32mm was 3rd hand! I think it depends on your eyes as does the panarama hawkes which I also love and own 3 of. Was going to comment on your shooting starlings, then realised where you live!
    Sparrows and starlings are the only two birds we can legally shoot year round in Connecticut ( USA ) . The sparrows invade my bluebird nests and break the eggs or kill the babies.

The ret fitted to the Amx 2-7x32 would fair better with a IR dot imo as it's a tad too fine for shooting at dusk n dawn against dark back grounds, it's a very compact and chunky scope that will only accommodate 2 piece mounts, optics are good but Jap optics would had tipped the balance, it seems a bit over engineered and carrying to much weight. I would have liked it more had Hawke styled it on the Tasco 2-7x32AG.
    Last edited by HW777; 07-04-2017 at 10:05 PM. Reason: typo
    Hw77+7

Quote Originally Posted by HW55T View Post
    The ret fitted to the Amx 2-7x32 would fair better with a IR dot imo as it's a tad too fine for shooting at dusk n dawn against dark back grounds, it's a very compact and chunky scope that will only accommodate 2 piece mounts, optics are good but Jap optics would had tipped the balance, it seems a bit over engineered and carrying to much weight. I would have liked it more had Hawke styled it on the Tasco 2-7x32AG.
    I guess that's why they sell so many different scopes, everyone has their preferences for what they're using it for.

Yes, it is chunky at 269mm and with the one piece mount ( BKL-253-MB ) keeps it a long distance from the loading port on my FWB 300 Mini.

Not a bad little scope. Mine has an extremely tight parallax ring and the range markings are a waste of time: for a 25m parallax, it needs to be set at 45m. Not that these markings are very reliable anyway on most scopes but this is miles out. It has been performing very well on a Brocock Bantam but, now all of the gun's air has bled away, I've rehomed it on a Cricket. Maybe I'm a cynic but the art of keeping compressed air behind seals long-term seems to be a dying art. At least the scope was a decent purchase.
    Essex Air Ambulance saved my life on 20/08/2010 www.essexairambulance.uk.com