Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: posting a pistol who to use ???

posting a pistol who to use ???

hi could any one give me a bit of advice on the posting of an air-pistol please who to use and will they carry it legally ? kind regards suggs69
    DMC.
    watch this space

Send Parcel Force 48. There is only a maximum £100 comp if lost, but it's the only way they will do it. If a co2 pistol, DO NOT pack with any capsules as it could end up being destroyed, and most probably delayed in the system. They do not allow any pressured containers sent by the public. They will allow for a business account though. The last one I had delivered was a Webley Tempest sent from Gretna with no problems at all.

Quote Originally Posted by suggs69 View Post
    hi could any one give me a bit of advice on the posting of an air-pistol please who to use and will they carry it legally ? kind regards suggs69
    Parcel Force 48 is the ONLY legal way to send it.

Neil
    Current airguns:- Steyr LG110: Steyr LP10: Air Arms HFT500: Weihrauch97 fully customised.

there is RFD to RFD also but may cost as much as the sale of the pistol.

What action ?

Spring & CO2 = RMSD Do NOT send any CO2 caplets, £500 basic cover, mark "surface mail only" I'd also tie a label to the trigger guard stating it's an air/CO2 pistol empty & unloaded with your details

PCP has a pressure vessel so is illegal to post.

its only and old Diana mod 2 gat gun so state it at the post office spring air pistol ?
    DMC.
    watch this space

Quote Originally Posted by u.k.neil View Post

Neil
    My reading of the rule is that yes ParcelForce48 is the only legal Parcelforce service you can use,
    but if the item falls within RMSD size rules as a pistol does, then RMSD can still be used.

I have used RMSD to send a cased FX Verminator & even got a refund of post cost when it was late having been refused air transport at X-ray & had to go by road.

its only and old Diana mod 2 gat gun so state it at the post office spring air pistol ?
    Yes, and quote leaflet RMDG11 as the authority as a "gun for sporting use" which is legal to send,
    as the PO counter staff will say no it's a weapon which is prohibited.

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Quote Originally Posted by u.k.neil View Post

Neil
    Not so, and definitely not recommended if the pistol is worth over £100 where Parcelforce 48 cap their compensation for airguns.
    RMSD if the way to go here as their compensation is available up to £500 I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    Yes, and quote leaflet RMDG11 as the authority as a "gun for sporting use" which is legal to send,
    as the PO counter staff will say no it's a weapon which is prohibited.
    its only worth £30 lol so i should just quote RMDG11 or say to the post office worker its an air gun bit confused now
    DMC.
    watch this space

its only worth £30 lol so i should just quote RMDG11 or say to the post office worker its an air gun bit confused now
    Tell them that it's a "Low powered airgun" and print out the RMDG11 to show them if they don't like it.

I've got my local PO well trained now.

You can come and train mine when you have time. I have difficulties with one lady even just sending shot card targets to the NSRA scorer.

Are the contents valuable?

To me, yes.

Then you must send them RMSD or Signed For.

But that isn't allowed; the scorer would stand at the door for half an hour signing for umpteen packs of shot targets.

I just want to send them as a large letter and to have proof of posting.

But that won't get you any compensation if it goes missing.

I've taken a photocopy so if that happens I can deal with it.

So why do you need proof of posting?

Because there is a closing date for shooting the round and the targets have to be with the scorer by a certain date.

If you want the targets delivered by a certain date then you must use RMSD.

Aaaaaaargh!
    www.shebbearshooters.co.uk. Ask for Rich and try the coffee

If they ask tell them it's a low power airgun which is perfectly legal to post.

RMDG11 is the leaflet that lists prohibited & restricted items, it is this leaflet that says "guns for sporting use" ie low power airguns can be sent through the post.

If it's only worth £30 then use Parcelforce 48 because it's cheaper than Special Delivery (RMSD) and the fixed PF insurance of £100 is enough.

For £30 I'd inform the buyer it goes 2nd class parcel unless they actually want to pay for RMSD or PF48 . If the PO guy asks what it is say 'sporting goods' or 'tool' which is what it is technically speaking Don't forget to ask for proof of postage receipt. When selling always make clear in the AD 'posted at buyer risk'. Hth. Derek.

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    You can come and train mine when you have time. I have difficulties with one lady even just sending shot card targets to the NSRA scorer.

Are the contents valuable?

To me, yes.

Then you must send them RMSD or Signed For.

But that isn't allowed; the scorer would stand at the door for half an hour signing for umpteen packs of shot targets.

I just want to send them as a large letter and to have proof of posting.

But that won't get you any compensation if it goes missing.

I've taken a photocopy so if that happens I can deal with it.

So why do you need proof of posting?

Because there is a closing date for shooting the round and the targets have to be with the scorer by a certain date.

If you want the targets delivered by a certain date then you must use RMSD.

Aaaaaaargh!
    You've told woman they are valuable and have to be delivered by a certain date... She's told you what service to use based on your answers and she's the issue !!!!