Page 49 of 78 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast

Thread: June 3rd & 4th Boinger Bash --- Event and Payment Details

NewPaul is online now Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    It twung! It twung bad! I hit it with hammers now he no twang. Trigger is creepier than waking up to find Jimmy Saville at the end of you bed, grinning! But its smooth enough when you get used to the trigger. It won't be coming to the bash as its deffo a tin can smasher rather than a spinner or spoon hitter.
    Now, all of the above I understand, why can't all Air-gunners and Tuners explain things in this way ?
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    And just ten little sleeps to go to the Main Day.

And some of you even jammier folk will be arriving in little over a week!

It's that close now, boys, I can taste it.

Nearlier, oh so very, nearlier, nearly there.

BOING BOING BOING!!!
    Um, in a little over a week tone?
    I think in a week from now there will be at least two drunken grinning buffoons talking rubbish at the hollow (apologies Steve for classing you as one also) but if the cap fits.
    Oh, and one probably halfcut disapproving wife, but she loves me really.

Quote Originally Posted by slinger69 View Post
    It was a very good night. Still in my dressing gown.. boinging decadence eh?

ATB
    And sipping bubbly, Gwyn?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mole trapper View Post
    Um, in a little over a week tone?
    I think in a week from now there will be at least two drunken grinning buffoons talking rubbish at the hollow (apologies Steve for classing you as one also) but if the cap fits.
    Oh, and one probably halfcut disapproving wife, but she loves me really.
    You'll be there on Wednesday?

Mmmm....okay, I have a plan. It'll most likely go pear shaped, but we'll see........
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    It's an Airforce One M16-alike bullpup sidelaver thingy. Small, cheap, clunky and worth an investigate
    As good as the little Baikal jobbie, Nick?

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    Now, all of the above I understand, why can't all Air-gunners and Tuners explain things in this way ?
    Nick has a way with words, Pauly.

I reckon he should have been an English teacher.

Done that Tone. When Chris was here the other weekend he suggested that, so we released the barrell band and re-settled it. Most of today's shooting was perfect so assumed we'd cracked it and then after stopping shooting for an hour, went back to the rifle and got the 'shift' again. The week before it was just doing the same but holding horizontal and going 2" consistently left If I re-zero, the cycle starts again. The lads at the range are a similar bunch to The Bashees so I did wonder if there was a turret twiddler amongst us but no, messing aside, it wasn't that, they were all a bit stumped.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpetier View Post
    First the 90 now the 410, what the hell are you doing with them mate ? seriously Paul, I've never had a bad 400/410 yet were accuracy is concerned. I trust you will be bringing it to the bash ?
    Little Pauly will have it sorted, no worries.
    All sorted now It was a dodgy brand new Nikko Sterling Mountmaster, well, it must have been as I put a Hawke Panorama on it today and it was shooting 5 pence piece groups at 35yds all day. So, running at 11.65 and shooting perfecrly I now feel confident in pointing it at critters
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

All sorted now It was a dodgy brand new Nikko Sterling Mountmaster, well, it must have been as I put a Hawke Panorama on it today and it was shooting 5 pence piece groups at 35yds all day. So, running at 11.65 and shooting perfecrly I now feel confident in pointing it at critters
    Nice one, Pauly, and as you originally suspected.

Did you do your "acid test" ie shoot for a while, come back to it, repeat etc etc?

So glad you got it sorted, as sometimes with these things you can go round and round in circles, getting ever more frustrated.

So a nice simple fix and one happy bunny!

Er, well, actually thinking about it, maybe the bunnies and the Rolands WON'T quite share your enthusiasm!

I like the Panorama. It's the most expensive scope I own. And it was given to me by that all-round nice guy, CraigyP, as way of a most generous gesture. Love ya Craigy.

Nice one, Pauly, and as you originally suspected.

Did you do your "acid test" ie shoot for a while, come back to it, repeat etc etc

I like the Panorama. It's the most expensive scope I own. And it was given to me by that all-round nice guy, CraigyP, as way of a most generous gesture. Love ya Craigy.
    Yeah I did Tone, I repeated the same conditions throughout the day, I.e leaving it for an hour or so and going back to it with different intervals. I can only suspect that Nikko had an ever so slightly loose lens or something ?? It wouldn't put me off Nikkos as I have two other Mounmasters which work perfectly, I was just very unlucky with this one. My RFD will happily refund or replace.

I am a fan of the Panoramas too Tone and yes that CraigP is truly a gentleman.

Great that you're sorted, Pauly.

I guess I have always been lucky with scopes and I have never experienced this sort of issue. And most of mine are very much at the budget end of the market.

As you say, you've been happy with your other Mountmasters, and for the money I think they're excellent. I suppose everyone's allowed a mistake from time to time, especially at the fantastic prices that they're offered at.

Cool Wahay!

I've just checked the list on Page 1.

I know his attendance was never in doubt anyway (after all, that would mean that he would actually be LEAVING Quigley Hollow just before a Bash), but great to see your name on there, Steve!

And Ray (With Cakes), Daz and Geoff too! Welcome back peeps!

Tinners will be on there after the weekend too. Yay!

And I'm sure the numbers will grow further. After all, there are a good few Boingerpeeps and all-round nice blokes who are part and parcel of the Spirit of The Bash missing from the list as of now.

And, as you said last night, Pauly, I don't want to start reeling names off as I'll, like a Muppet, inevitably miss some names off. And everyone is special and everyone is valued. Be great to see as many of you fine peeps as possible, folks.

Any more tokens arrived, Mick?

You'll be there on Wednesday?

Mmmm....okay, I have a plan. It'll most likely go pear shaped, but we'll see........
    Be great to see you then Tony, but if it's after four in the afternoon don't expect to get any sense out of the captain, and as for me I'll be proper pooped as its my B-Day.

I will try my damnedest to be there, Jamie, and it'd be great to wish you a Happy Burpday in person.

And what a way and what a place to spend it.....you lucky, lucky man.

Wednesdays are my day off. I'll have the usual dull and boring things we all have to do. And I might have to take The Brembster to the vets for a medication review if the medicine's looking low by then.

Then I'll just need a cunning plan to convince her indoors that it'll be in her best interest to let me come and see some of my favouritist peeps for a few hours....fingers crossed!

The BOING may come early indeed!

Unframed Dave is offline World pork pie juggling champion three years straight
    Nick has a way with words, Pauly.

I reckon he should see an English teacher.
    Sorted.

Dave
    Smell my cheese

And the Sleepyometer now says we have just NINE to go until Big Boing Day.

Nearly here!

BOING!!