Page 52 of 78 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast

Thread: June 3rd & 4th Boinger Bash --- Event and Payment Details

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Have yourself a great time, Paul.
    Cheers Tony mate, it's a lovely day here today with plenty of banging but not much BOINGING

So here's a lunchtime BOING from the 1200yd firing point on Stickledown range...

"BOING" and bang, bang, bang with the sound of a few 7.62's going off at 1000yds
    ATB, Paul
    Always looking for new members at the Swalecliffe and District TSC in sunny Herne Bay
    http://www.sanddtsc.org.uk/

Mind?

Not one little bit, Daz, of course.

Unless there's something you're not telling us about him / her!

Be great to see you and your cousin.
    Cheers Tony, I'll sort payment now, atb Daz

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul SE View Post
    Cheers Tony mate, it's a lovely day here today with plenty of banging but not much BOINGING

So here's a lunchtime BOING from the 1200yd firing point on Stickledown range...

"BOING" and bang, bang, bang with the sound of a few 7.62's going off at 1000yds
    Is this a civilian or military facility Paul, what weapons are used ?
    “An airgun or two”………

Quote Originally Posted by Blackrider View Post
    Is this a civilian or military facility Paul, what weapons are used ?
    It's Bisley which is a civilian facility and here is the NRA website >> http://www.nra.org.uk/ << which gives you some idea of what goes on, and who can shoot there John.

Yesterday, today and tomorrow is the Phoenix meeting which replaced the old annual pistol competitions from 20 odd years ago.

All sorts of guns are in use in various competitions in the different ranges located around the site, and at the same time the shotgun and full bore rifle ranges are in use too.
    Carbines and Long Barrelled pistols compete in many of the gallery matches, both .22LR and centre fire.

The trade fair fair today catered mostly for powder burners and collectors, with some familiar faces and RFD's in attendance.

Also on site is the NSRA Lord Roberts shooting centre and showrooms, and also Fultons gunshop.

Hope that helps mate
    Last edited by Paul SE; 27-05-2017 at 07:01 PM.
    ATB, Paul
    Always looking for new members at the Swalecliffe and District TSC in sunny Herne Bay
    http://www.sanddtsc.org.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by CLOGGER View Post
    Funds transferred to Mick's account and looking forward to seeing you all again on Saturday. Especially keen to meet some of the Scottish contingent if they can make it (Donald et al).
    I must go out and stock up on ammo today and decide which rifle to bring.
    Btw, are there still plans for a pistol showdown or pistol side shoot?
    See you soon, Clogger
    Absolutely fantastic news, Alastair.

Yet another of the "Original Pioneer Bucket Slayers" on board for another meet.

As ever, be great to see you again.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by thisisdonald View Post
    Well I'm hoping I'm still coming... I've been sick for a few days.. now I've got a middle ear infection.. last time I had one my eardrum popped and I was deaf for about 8 weeks!
    So fingers crossed I can get rid by next week
    Really hope you feel better soon, Donald.

Here's beaming positive Quigley Hollow healing vibes at yer.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by BAD DAZ View Post
    Cheers Tony, I'll sort payment now, atb Daz
    Excellent; well done that man.

Well, we seem to have had a steady start building the numbers but we're certainly getting there now.

Thanks to all that have committed thus far and to those nice peeps who are coming but not on the list yet.

Good news from the work potential Bash newbies....As I said yesterday, David (WavyDavy) from Sheffield will be coming on Saturday. And Kelly from the clothing department and Amanda, his girlfriend, are coming on the Sunday.

Payments forthcoming, Uncle Michael - Kelly's payments reference guests of mine.

And I'm hopeful on another lovely couple. I had mentioned them as possibles for the April Bash, but they couldn't make it. From Swadlincote, so fairly close to The Hollow. When I spoke to them in the Spring, their son had just bought a rifle and was using it for informal targets down the garden. But, recently, they have a Roland presence in the garden. So dad's been and bought himself a rifle from Bill at Solware. They know Higham on The Hill. Fingers crossed....

I've only just noticed this on the payment list........

Captain Bongo, home town - Quigley Hollow!

So, he IS at The Hollow!

Captain Bongo is offline I'm not falling for this again........
    I should be registered for council tax there......

No need until you're 18, Steve.

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    I've only just noticed this on the payment list........

Captain Bongo, home town - Quigley Hollow!

So, he IS at The Hollow!
    And ?
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Bongo View Post
    I should be registered for council tax there......
    I've always thought you should be Registered Steve
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

By way of a little update

Sorry I've not been on much lads but I've been busy preparing the Hollow for your arrival.

The grass is mown, the targets are all sorted and painted and the toilets are ordered for delivery on Wednesday.

I just need to make a run to our new wood supplier in the week for more wood for the campfire, and I need to get all the supplies for the BBQ.

So everything is well under control here.

On the payment front, I've received payments from captain Bongo, BAD DAZ (3), Loki79, CLOGGER, Tinbum (2) and Dave Cook --- looking forward to seeing you all.

There are a few folks who hope to be here on the day who's names are not on the list, so I think we're looking at about 40 folks so far.

All the best Mick

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    Sorry I've not been on much lads but I've been busy preparing the Hollow for your arrival.

The grass is mown, the targets are all sorted and painted and the toilets are ordered for delivery on Wednesday.

I just need to make a run to our new wood supplier in the week for more wood for the campfire, and I need to get all the supplies for the BBQ.

So everything is well under control here.

On the payment front, I've received payments from captain Bongo, BAD DAZ (3), Loki79, CLOGGER, Tinbum (2) and Dave Cook --- looking forward to seeing you all.

There are a few folks who hope to be here on the day who's names are not on the list, so I think we're looking at about 40 folks so far.

All the best Mick
    Excellent news Mick and as ever - Many Thanks for all your hard work, effort and dedication for bringing us this wonderful event. You're a Diamond

P.s Will you be able to attend this one ?