Cheers Paul for another afternoon BOING.

So, it's been an eventful few days here....On Friday I had an early finish as I had my third visit with the Opthalmic team at my local hospital. The hospital is within walking distance of home and I wouldn't be able to drive home anyway as they use eye drops to dilate your pupils, leading to blurred vision for a few hours. Airgun World had been delivered, but I knew I'd have no chance of a read later due to the blurry eyes.

Result of appointment was that, yes, I do have Glaucoma. This will be treated with drops. But then the bloke also said, "Has anyone told you before that you have cataracts?". Happy days. Apparently I should be seen by an eye doctor in a couple of weeks or so.

Then, on Sunday morning, my back went....BANG!

Then in the early hours of Monday morning we learned that my step daughter's husband had been involved in a big accident near Tamworth. I've seen pictures of his car and the van that had collided with him and they're both mangled wrecks. The police said that they really didn't think they would be getting him out of the car alive. But, he's a lucky lad. He's conscious now. Quite a few breaks etc and they're waiting on something before they do a couple of operations.

So, this morning. I had managed to stay in bed longer, hoping that the lay-in may help my back. Not a bit of it! Really seized and stiff.

Then the wife said that she would be driving to the hospital to see young Chris. He's at a hospital in Birmingham at the moment.

Mmmm.....plinking opportunity, perhaps? So, once I was ready I thought I'd walk into town to do a couple of bits. Walking about may help the back a little? Er, no!

Anyways, got back. As I hadn't used either of the Ratties in ages, I thought I'd get the standard 2240 out and have a plink. Nice and easy to use. Got two CO2 capsules out. In the end, I only used one capsule, as I was in need of Boinger therapy. But didn't really want to be wielding a rifle about.

So, I got my lovely little HW70 out. The one I bought from the lovely Captain Bongo a couple of years ago. Wow! What a lovely, lovely thing it is. It had been a while since we were last acquainted. Amazing, super-crisp trigger and super sweet fast (but most certainly not harsh or snappy) firing cycle. And amazing accuracy. The 2240 had been pretty wild in comparison, despite its recoilless nature, but I had been using Hobbies. I remember that my other Ratty, a "mini-carbine" also wasn't that keen on Hobbies, but did like 'Domes.

This little 70 using Hobbies (.177, of course) was effortlessly printing tiny groups smaller than a 1p piece at 8 yards down the garden. So, all in all, a very enjoyable little session. It took my mind off the back pain for a while, due to the Boinger-induced happy chemicals flowing through my veins. This little 70, to me, seems like the pistol equivalent of the sweet little 30S, with its fantastic trigger, lovely firing cycle, excellent accuracy and understated, traditional looks. I think I bought it for £70, which I thought was an absolute bargain, especially as I'll keep it forever and it never fails to put a smile on my face.

Oh yes, I gave Monza a break from her revision duties and let her have a few goes with each. Which did she prefer? The Boinger, of course! "I think those guns that don't move a bit when they go off are boring!", or something very similar!