Page 23 of 78 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast

Thread: June 3rd & 4th Boinger Bash --- Event and Payment Details

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    OoO Aerosols sounds cool.

Yes mate, got the Ratcatcher back now and I reckon it's gonna be a keeper! He also 'gave me back' the Stoeger X20 Supressor that I bought at an extremely good price from 'Our Moley' which I am hopefully gonna sell on for him to a young lad at my range for next to nothing just to get him going. The lad turned up last week with a Bear Grylls thingy which we chrono'd at 0.5 fpe
    and was smoking like buggery. Always nice to get a young 'un hooked if we can. Which reminds me..... how is that lovely daughter of yours doing on the shooting front? Has she managed to be an advocate for you indoors?
    Great news re the Ratty, Pauly. Will be just the ticket for those closer up "utility" jobs.

Well done on getting another young newbie started matey.

The young lassie here has been busy with loads of school work recently. A couple of Wednesdays ago, when I had a Plinky sesh with the pistols, she had a few goes and certainly preferred the HW70 to the Ratty.

I don't think it will matter what positives she hears and where she hears them from, the Fun Prevention Officer is so determined in her narrow minded mindset that I don't think she'll ever be swayed.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Well, you spend far too much time travelling to your shitty job, far too much time actually at work and desperately look forward to a day off and, maybe, the possibility of some Boinger time to de-stress.....

But then the FPO is in full twat mode. She's been "re-arranging" one of the rooms and you want to see how much crap there is strewn everywhere! Well, actually, you really don't, as it'd do your nut in! You can hardly get into the kitchen for stuff that she's been moving around and don't even start me on the state of the bloating garage.

Looks like my treat for the day will be a few runs to the local dump it site.

I'll try and shoehorn a plink in, but we're looking unlikely.

Oh to the calm therapy and relaxing company of the Good Folk of The Hollow.

Can't come quickly enough, peeps.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    But then the FPO is in full twat mode.
    Oh dear Tone, me ol' mucka but I do like your rather harsh, yet direct description

I'm glad my Mrs is very much 'pro' shooting and has indeed shot many times in competition with air pistol and smallbore guns

She has got used to seeing 'another' gunbag or pistol case appear and bulk deliveries of supplies from our sponsor and Uttings

I certainly like the idea of a plinky 45 comp at the next Bash, and I'll see if I can find some odd shaped targets at work in the scrap bin, you never know what turns up in there

BIG BANK HOLIDAY BOING
    ATB, Paul
    Always looking for new members at the Swalecliffe and District TSC in sunny Herne Bay
    http://www.sanddtsc.org.uk/

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul SE View Post
    I'll see if I can find some odd shaped targets at work in the scrap bin, you never know what turns up in there
    Sounds interesting Paul, give us an idea, what sort of things ?
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Well, I've been really good today and I took Shirl for a nice drive out to take in the glory of the Derbyshire Dales.

By shear chance I happened to stop right outside the house of a really nice chap who just happened to have loads of Titan spares.

So after a nice cup of coffee I purchased a new stock, new trigger unit and other assorted spares in order to return the SSP Mohawk action that Transporter acquired for me back into a working gun.

Like I said to Shirl, "it was lucky I stopped there, wasn't it ? "

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Well done Mick, chance in a million I bet Shirl still can't believe how lucky you were
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Blimey, young Mick.

It's not very often that such acts of selfless kindness are rewarded so instantly.

The God, Titan, must have been looking down on you today!

Nice one; hope you and Shirl had a lovely time.

Nice one; hope you and Shirl had a lovely time.
    Being somewhat generous and making up for my reckless Airgun spending, I took Shirl out for a meal on the way home.

A happy meal.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul SE View Post
    Oh dear Tone, me ol' mucka but I do like your rather harsh, yet direct description

BIG BANK HOLIDAY BOING
    Harsh but, unfortunately, true, Paul.

Anyways, I did actually manage to get a little plink in later. With all this talk of boinging, smokin' 45s, I really wanted to have mine out for a play. But the .22 Hobbies will bounce back a little out of an Argos catalogue, so I always use the steel trap when using the pistols. But, as I don't want to wind the neighbours up, that would mean shooting down the hallway. But one of the grandgits is here, so that ruled that one out.

So I got the little Gamo out for a play and had a very enjoyable 45 minutes or so. Really warming to this little gun.

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    Being somewhat generous and making up for my reckless Airgun spending, I took Shirl out for a meal on the way home.

A happy meal.
    You're all heart, Michael!

I bet you nicked her Smurf toy as well!

I bet you nicked her Smurf toy as well!
    Strangely, Tone.

Those Smurfs with their big blue heads always remind me of Dave/Trumpetier.

A happy meal.
    I love a happy ending!
    Never go off half cocked....

All lies matter

Captain Bongo is offline I'm not falling for this again........

A happy meal.
    Did it result in a happy ending? Or will I arrive to find you also camping in the field this week?

Strangely, Tone.

Those Smurfs with their big blue heads always remind me of Dave/Trumpetier.
    Hey, maybe we should all go out and get Happy Meal Smurfs for Dave?

I reckon they'll look cool alongside his "My Little Pony" - especially if their blue heads are nuzzled up against...

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Bongo View Post
    Did it result in a happy ending? Or will I arrive to find you also camping in the field this week?
    So it's either :-

A) Try to get back in Shirl's good books.

or

B) Spend the week in a field with Bongo.

Tough call.