Page 28 of 78 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Thread: June 3rd & 4th Boinger Bash --- Event and Payment Details

Chippendale is offline Well stuff me, you live and learn.
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Haha!

Very good point re the '30S, Mel.

However, when I spoke with young David on Saturday, my thinking was along the lines that, if he was to buy one gun, just the one gun, the extra power of the '99 just allows more flexibility and use at longer ranges. As you know, I love the little '30S, love 'em to bits, but for a "one gun cabinet" to cover a multitude of uses, the '99, to my eyes, has it. Only the tiniest of weight and price uplifts and a little more effort to cock.

But, if he gets like most of us, he'll soon have a cupboard full!
    Go on then, first a Sporter then a 30 and then a 99 if you insist

Cheers

Mel

flyingfish is online now I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    Then buy a TX 200

Pete
    Pete

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How

Allow me to indulge myself

Well, what a cracking weekend we had. Chris (Baldinio) and his lovely wife came down to stay with me for 4 days - Friday to Monday. They arrived late Friday afternoon and we went out for a lovely meal and a few drinks that evening, allowing the ladies to get acquainted and more importantly, Chris and I to talk Airguns, Boinger Bash and other related things. Back to mine that night and I thought I'd get out the NV gear and point the HW100 out of the kitchen window into the garden hoping we might spot a rat or two, I was desperate for Chris to bag something while he was here after him taking me out rabbiting a few times up his way. Annoyingly, nothing showed, despite us standing there chatting, drinking, laughing, having a great time for hours but then, just as we thought our early hour vigil was to be fruitless, we spotted our quarry 15 yards away at the end of the garden, it was clearly showing in the NiteSite viper, sat very still and within perfect zero range, Chris shouldered the rifle, got the crosshairs bang on for a head shot and pfffffft - the H&NFTT hit its mark I was so pleased he bagged his first critter. So, one snail down, we had another drink regaled over the shot for a while and retired for the night.

Saturday we spent the day at my local range where we had a great plinking session with the 5 rifles Chris brought down, had some nice grub, chatted to all the nice, like- mined air gunners there and then late afternoon around 15:00 we moved on to my little farm/stables permission where I was dearly hoping to improve on the snail

And, improve we (Chris) did. We spent the rest of the day/evening and night there. I was happy to return the favour Chris always affords me and let him do the shooting and boy, shooting he certainly did. He bagged 9 or 10 rats, 5 feral pigeons, a wood-pigeon for the pot and a magpie. I will never forget the 40-50 yard feral he took off the stable roof - cracking shot with slight wind and it dropped like a stone

Back home late that night and had a few more drinks and lots of banter to end a lovely day. The girls spent the day in London seeing the sites and got on like a house on fire that day. Sunday started out a lazy/hangover day but Chris and I (mainly Chris) was hankering to get out shooting again and as we had seen plenty of rats during the day on the Saturday, we felt it our duty to go back to the farm for another pop. So, the ladies stayed at home to prepare the Hunters with a nice roast dinner on their return. We only had a few hours back there but it was a glorious, sunny day which we spent just chilling and chatting. We did manage to shoot 3 more rats though 2 for Chris and one for me. We left and came back to mine, ready for dinner when my missus shouts from the kitchen that there was a feral in the garden, well, it would be rude not to wouldn't it and Yep, Chris adds to the London tally.

So, what a fabulous weekend we had, Chris has just messaged me to say he is now home safe n sound. Our wives are now the best of friends too

What's this got to do with the Boinger Bash thread ? Well....... It's that magical place called Quigley Hollow that it all started from.
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

A truly lovely weekend Paul, great time spent with lovely friends. A shooting first bagging my first nv snail, and a sack full of rats. More bacon sarnies than you can shake a stick at, possibly the bestest weekend ever! I'm going to have to go some to equal the good times we've had the last 4 days next time you're oop north bud. And like you said, such a wonderful friendship all because of the boinger bash.

Thanks again for such a lovely time bud

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by flyingfish View Post
    Don't forget the government has not given any indication of wether it will allow Weirauchs to stay post Brexit.
    The indication I have is that those are already here are ok but new ones........

Pete
    Mmmmm......better get a boat load more bought then!

Maybe I could convert the attic space to home some of Hermann's finest. I'm sure 'er indoors will be most impressed.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    Well, what a cracking weekend we had. Chris (Baldinio) and his lovely wife came down to stay with me for 4 days - Friday to Monday. They arrived late Friday afternoon and we went out for a lovely meal and a few drinks that evening, allowing the ladies to get acquainted and more importantly, Chris and I to talk Airguns, Boinger Bash and other related things. Back to mine that night and I thought I'd get out the NV gear and point the HW100 out of the kitchen window into the garden hoping we might spot a rat or two, I was desperate for Chris to bag something while he was here after him taking me out rabbiting a few times up his way. Annoyingly, nothing showed, despite us standing there chatting, drinking, laughing, having a great time for hours but then, just as we thought our early hour vigil was to be fruitless, we spotted our quarry 15 yards away at the end of the garden, it was clearly showing in the NiteSite viper, sat very still and within perfect zero range, Chris shouldered the rifle, got the crosshairs bang on for a head shot and pfffffft - the H&NFTT hit its mark I was so pleased he bagged his first critter. So, one snail down, we had another drink regaled over the shot for a while and retired for the night.

Saturday we spent the day at my local range where we had a great plinking session with the 5 rifles Chris brought down, had some nice grub, chatted to all the nice, like- mined air gunners there and then late afternoon around 15:00 we moved on to my little farm/stables permission where I was dearly hoping to improve on the snail.

And, improve we (Chris) did. We spent the rest of the day/evening and night there. I was happy to return the favour Chris always affords me and let him do the shooting and boy, shooting he certainly did. He bagged 9 or 10 rats, 5 feral pigeons, a wood-pigeon for the pot and a magpie. I will never forget the 40-50 yard feral he took off the stable roof - cracking shot with slight wind and it dropped like a stone.

Back home late that night and had a few more drinks and lots of banter to end a lovely day. The girls spent the day in London seeing the sites and got on like a house on fire that day. Sunday started out a lazy/hangover day but Chris and I (mainly Chris) was hankering to get out shooting again and as we had seen plenty of rats during the day on the Saturday, we felt it our duty to go back to the farm for another pop. So, the ladies stayed at home to prepare the Hunters with a nice roast dinner on their return. We only had a few hours back there but it was a glorious, sunny day which we spent just chilling and chatting. We did manage to shoot 3 more rats though 2 for Chris and one for me. We left and came back to mine, ready for dinner when my missus shouts from the kitchen that there was a feral in the garden, well, it would be rude not to wouldn't it and Yep, Chris adds to the London tally.

So, what a fabulous weekend we had, Chris has just messaged me to say he is now home safe n sound. Our wives are now the best of friends too

What's this got to do with the Boinger Bash thread ? Well....... It's that magical place called Quigley Hollow that it all started from.
    What a lovely post, Pauly.

And painting a vivid picture of such a strong friendship and good times, forged at our beloved Quigley Hollow.

Sounds like you two boys had a most special time and the fact that the girls became strong friends, too, is an extra-special bonus.

Only one thing worries me.......fancy shooting poor old Brian the snail! Whoever next? Florence? Dougal?

I hope you're not planning on getting a Zeb in your crosshairs!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by baldinio View Post
    A truly lovely weekend Paul, great time spent with lovely friends. A shooting first bagging my first nv snail, and a sack full of rats. More bacon sarnies than you can shake a stick at, possibly the bestest weekend ever! I'm going to have to go some to equal the good times we've had the last 4 days next time you're oop north bud. And like you said, such a wonderful friendship all because of the boinger bash.

Thanks again for such a lovely time bud

Chris
    Again, sounds like you had a brilliant time, Chris.

Special times with special friends.

Still worried over the snail sniping though, matey!

Again, sounds like you had a brilliant time, Chris.

Special times with special friends.

Still worried over the snail sniping though, matey!
    In fairness tone it was self defence, he was charging straight at us

Atvb

Chris

Atvb

Chris
    "Charging" being a relative term, Chris?

Slimy little adversaries they is!

In your experience, would you recommend a wadcutter, hollowpoint or good old domed for these tough little critters?

"Charging" being a relative term, Chris?

Slimy little adversaries they is!

In your experience, would you recommend a wadcutter, hollowpoint or good old domed for these tough little critters?
    Bisley pest control in.25 with the hollow point filled with slug pellets mate

flyingfish is online now I may only have 5 but I have the best 5

Atvb

Chris
    That's why I ALWAYS fit a bayonet for snailing

Pete
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by flyingfish View Post
    That's why I ALWAYS fit a bayonet for snailing

Pete
    They don't like it up em!

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    It seriously was quite big and Very fast Pete I was quite scared and not wanting to exaggerate but..... I reckon Baldinio saved my life that night
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    It seriously was quite big and Very fast Pete I was quite scared and not wanting to exaggerate but..... I reckon Baldinio saved my life that night
    Im off to the taxidermist tomorrow to see about having it stuffed and mounted as a pressie for you to hang on the wall, only question is do you want it posed teeth out snarling or in a more natural pose?

I've heard it on good authority that it was actually some demonic, mutant snail that finally did for Carleyland and not the rats, as originally assumed.

Nice lad was Carl.