Page 31 of 78 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Thread: June 3rd & 4th Boinger Bash --- Event and Payment Details

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    He reckons the Doris that owns the place is 'OK' too so I may spend more time indoors than out but my mates level of shagableness is very low I must admit.
    Rooti McTooti doesn't live far from there, I wonder if I should invite him over ? I could do with somebody to give me a hand if she turns out to be extremely rampant and energetic. D
    Well, I was going to mention that possibility on my earlier post, Pauly, but now you mention it......

Ooh, just think......fit, minted, loads of land, tight jodhpurs........mmmm........

Things could well be going "BOING" in the night!!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

flyingfish is offline I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    Rooti mctoot the shooting sherpa

Pete
    Pete

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Well, I was going to mention that possibility on my earlier post, Pauly, but now you mention it......

Ooh, just think......fit, minted, loads of land, tight jodhpurs........mmmm........

Things could well be going "BOING" in the night!!
    I Read that again and just realised what you'd edited - PMSL. I was hoping to spit roast a rabbit but, hey ho, any port in a storm eh
    I can't wait to be honest, my mate isn't a shooter at all but I can see him asking to join me so I'll have to break that one gently I think, can't have him shooting at live quarry and besides I'd only be too pleased to spend the two or three days on my own to be honest.
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Quote Originally Posted by flyingfish View Post
    Rooti mctoot the shooting sherpa

Pete
    Yeah, I like that Pete. Not sure Phil will but, Shhhhh he may not be listening !
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

I'm fine thanks mate. Feeling a bit 'flat' the last two days since Chris and his Lass went home after 4 brilliant days with me but we'll ALL be back together again at The Bash which is just around the corner now
    I've actually had another bit of shooting/hunting/rabbiting luck. A good friend of mine in The Forest of Dean has been asked by a land-owner woman if he knows anyone that could rid her of rabbits, she seems to be a bit over-run by the sounds of it, so...... I'm off over there on Friday morning to check it out and hopefully spend the weekend there if it warrants it. She can even provide me with self contained accommodation on site for the 3 days - all free of course. Let's hope it turns out fruitful eh !
    Ditto mate, its always a downer saying goodbye after time spent with the best people around, the boingeristi. Hope the new hunting ground is bountiful, I'm anticipating an epic what's app trophy pic bud. Hoping this weekends brancher and nv wabbit shoot is a good un too

Atvb

Chris

I Read that again and just realised what you'd edited - PMSL. I was hoping to spit roast a rabbit but, hey ho, any port in a storm eh

I can't wait to be honest, my mate isn't a shooter at all but I can see him asking to join me so I'll have to break that one gently I think, can't have him shooting at live quarry and besides I'd only be too pleased to spend the two or three days on my own to be honest.

Haha! Yep, I was hoping you'd spot that little alteration, Pauly.

And, yes, the last thing you'd want is a non-shooter coming along and spoiling things. Sometimes all you want is yourself, your rifle and the environment so you become part of it and are more efficient.

This right gobby mate once asked if he could come shooting with me many years ago. He came dressed like he was out for a night on the town, aftershave on and didn't bloody shut up all evening......the bunnies were well safe that night.

However, to balance it out slightly, just think. If he did come along, listened and bit the bug, you could recruit a budding new airgun shooter. Just hope that that would not, in turn, jeapordise your wonderful new shoot.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by baldinio View Post
    Ditto mate, its always a downer saying goodbye after time spent with the best people around, the boingeristi. Hope the new hunting ground is bountiful, I'm anticipating an epic what's app trophy pic bud. Hoping this weekends brancher and nv wabbit shoot is a good un too

Atvb

Chris
    And the snails!

Don't forget the snails!

Rooti McTooti doesn't live far from there, I wonder if I should invite him over ? I could do with somebody to load my magazines, pump up the PCP's and carry my rifles - a kind of Shooting Caddy
    Yeah, here's my number: 0121-DO ONE.

And I don't want you coming round my place neither...

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post

However, to balance it out slightly, just think. If he did come along, listened and bit the bug, you could recruit a budding new airgun shooter. Just hope that that would not, in turn, jeapordise your wonderful new shoot.
    Yeah, that could work Tone, like all my friends, he's a decent, sensible fella, not a Maverick type at all. Even if it reduced the bag and got him hooked it would be time well spent.

Quote Originally Posted by Rooti McNote View Post
    Yeah, here's my number: 0121-DO ONE.

And I don't want you coming round my place neither...
    Ahh shit - got caught ! Ahem !!, Hi Phil me 'Ol mate, how you doing ? You been on here long tonight

Atvb

Chris
    We will have to exchange notes and piccy's over the weekend mate, let's hope we both have a fruitful one and please send my fond regards to Spence, he is a perfect shooting partner mate Won't be the same without you Bud, this will be my first solo Bunny outing without you, a bit like driving a car on your own for the first time. I've been taught well so I should be OK

We will have to exchange notes and piccy's over the weekend mate, let's hope we both have a fruitful one and please send my fond regards to Spence, he is a perfect shooting partner mate Won't be the same without you Bud, this will be my first solo Bunny outing without you, a bit like driving a car on your own for the first time. I've been taught well so I should be OK
    If you shoot as bad as I drive your done for mate lol just watch out for any 30ft snails with an axe to grind

If you shoot as bad as I drive your done for mate lol just watch out for any 30ft snails with an axe to grind
    He he, that snail almost, only 'almost' beats my 10ft branch rabbit, it's in the life-long memory bank now mate. Text message incoming.

Ahh shit - got caught ! Ahem !!, Hi Phil me 'Ol mate, how you doing ? You been on here long tonight
    Just long enough to know I should 'accidentally' set the dog on you.

Seriously though, good news on the prospective rabbit shooting permission!

I have some steel Knockdown targets and such you could use, for if you find a patch to do some target practice / get your mate started doing some shooting?

I'm sure you'll want to suss it out first an' all.

Keep us informed!

And if you need a wing man, I'll be your goose!

Quote Originally Posted by Rooti McNote View Post
    Just long enough to know I should 'accidentally' set the dog on you.

Seriously though, good news on the prospective rabbit shooting permission!

I have some steel Knockdown targets and such you could use, for if you find a patch to do some target practice / get your mate started doing some shooting?

I'm sure you'll want to suss it out first an' all.

Keep us informed!
    Ahh, cheers Phil, very kind. He's a lovely fella and I do understand how the first time you look through a scope you think 'that's it' I can't miss. I will indeed be spending Friday afternoon/evening sussing it out for sure. Most activity should be Dawn and Dusk/Night but I guess he'll be nearby at home at those times but happy to spend a few hours during the day for some plinking and offering helpful advice (not that I'm an expert)
    I will of course keep you all updated.
    I don't know exactly where it is yet but I'll text you my location out of interest, it won't be too far from Lydbrook.
    Got a few Fern Tickets to 'cash in' too