Page 5 of 78 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: June 3rd & 4th Boinger Bash --- Event and Payment Details

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    Haven't had the energy in my right arm to play with it Tone so it remains stiff I'm sure once I get it out at the Bash and show it to The Cult it will return to a more flaccid state
    Long or short strokes, Paul?

And how's your piston crown?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

NewPaul is online now Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Long or short strokes, Paul?

And how's your piston crown?
    Crown is new and shiny and my breech is sealed I dismounted it and added double strapped rings. I changed the scope to a new Nikko as the old one had a damaged bell-end
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Captain Bongo is offline I'm not falling for this again........
    Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    Crown is new and shiny and my breech is sealed
    My crown and breech were similar before I spent the night with Gwyn. You have been warned.......

NewPaul is online now Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Bongo View Post
    My crown and breech were similar before I spent the night with Gwyn. You have been warned.......
    Sounds like you were well and truly Slung and 69'd Steve, thanks for taking one for the Boys
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Bongo View Post
    I say! You told me yourself: "That a well contoured crown, concentric with a tight and exquisitely parallel breech, were essential to achieve optimum trajectory." AND, you said you really wanted to improve your singing voice!

ATB
    Gwyn
    Seize the Day! Quigley Hollow is a great place to start.

The Stumpy One will be coming along and you're more than welcome to have a play, Les.

As will all the Boingerboys.
    Hey Tone, just FYI, I took a bit of 320 grit sanding paper to an old buttpad of mine that'd gone shiney (no sniggering at the back ). Just a few swipes with thumb pressure, and it took the glossiness off nicely.

Captain Bongo is offline I'm not falling for this again........
    Quote Originally Posted by slinger69 View Post
    I say! You told me yourself: "That a well contoured crown, concentric with a tight and exquisitely parallel breech, were essential to achieve optimum trajectory." AND, you said you really wanted to improve your singing voice!

ATB
    Gwyn
    No refunds....

flyingfish is offline I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    Hi Tony
    I have knackered discs in my neck. The only pain relief that is effective when it's 100percent awful , is acupuncture.
    When its just really sore a tens machine will help. Loyds chemist sell them

Pete
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Rooti McNote View Post
    Hey Tone, just FYI, I took a bit of 320 grit sanding paper to an old buttpad of mine that'd gone shiney (no sniggering at the back ). Just a few swipes with thumb pressure, and it took the glossiness off nicely.
    Cheers young Phil.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by flyingfish View Post
    Hi Tony
    I have knackered discs in my neck. The only pain relief that is effective when it's 100percent awful , is acupuncture.
    When its just really sore a tens machine will help. Loyds chemist sell them

Pete
    Hi Pete,

Cheers for that.

Yes, I also have a dodgy neck and pain radiating down my arms and numb hands. From my accident in 2013. Physio and loads of other things failed. Chinese accupuncture (arranged through the NHS but through a pain management team) was superb. I had six treatments, no pain after three. Pain stayed away completely for about 8 months.

Had the "Westernised" version just over a year ago - didn't work.

The chap that treated me with the Chinese version also practices privately, but it's about a 80 miles round trip and money is a bit tight at the mo'.

Cool And The Sleepy-o-Meter Says.

52 to go, peeps.

BOING!!

And don't forget, Boingerpeeps.....

Our numbers are to be further bolstered this time around with our fine friends from North of The Border joining us.....so, at the very least, that means thisisdonald, Clanchief and ValeBoy.

Be great to finally meet you, Donald and Chiefy, and great to see you again, Graeme.

Brilliant!

BOING!

And don't forget, Boingerpeeps.....

Our numbers are to be further bolstered this time around with our fine friends from North of The Border joining us.....so, at the very least, that means thisisdonald, Clanchief and ValeBoy.

Be great to finally meet you, Donald and Chiefy, and great to see you again, Graeme.

Brilliant!

BOING!
    Good Afternoon fellow BOINGERS

Great news above there from my BOINGTASTAIC mate Tony, informing us of the long distance pilgrims imminent visitation to the June Bash

The McBOINGERS are coming

BOING BOING BOING up for the afternoon
    ATB, Paul
    Always looking for new members at the Swalecliffe and District TSC in sunny Herne Bay
    http://www.sanddtsc.org.uk/

Cool Pistol Therapy.......

Cheers Paul for another afternoon BOING.

So, it's been an eventful few days here....On Friday I had an early finish as I had my third visit with the Opthalmic team at my local hospital. The hospital is within walking distance of home and I wouldn't be able to drive home anyway as they use eye drops to dilate your pupils, leading to blurred vision for a few hours. Airgun World had been delivered, but I knew I'd have no chance of a read later due to the blurry eyes.

Result of appointment was that, yes, I do have Glaucoma. This will be treated with drops. But then the bloke also said, "Has anyone told you before that you have cataracts?". Happy days. Apparently I should be seen by an eye doctor in a couple of weeks or so.

Then, on Sunday morning, my back went....BANG!

Then in the early hours of Monday morning we learned that my step daughter's husband had been involved in a big accident near Tamworth. I've seen pictures of his car and the van that had collided with him and they're both mangled wrecks. The police said that they really didn't think they would be getting him out of the car alive. But, he's a lucky lad. He's conscious now. Quite a few breaks etc and they're waiting on something before they do a couple of operations.

So, this morning. I had managed to stay in bed longer, hoping that the lay-in may help my back. Not a bit of it! Really seized and stiff.

Then the wife said that she would be driving to the hospital to see young Chris. He's at a hospital in Birmingham at the moment.

Mmmm.....plinking opportunity, perhaps? So, once I was ready I thought I'd walk into town to do a couple of bits. Walking about may help the back a little? Er, no!

Anyways, got back. As I hadn't used either of the Ratties in ages, I thought I'd get the standard 2240 out and have a plink. Nice and easy to use. Got two CO2 capsules out. In the end, I only used one capsule, as I was in need of Boinger therapy. But didn't really want to be wielding a rifle about.

So, I got my lovely little HW70 out. The one I bought from the lovely Captain Bongo a couple of years ago. Wow! What a lovely, lovely thing it is. It had been a while since we were last acquainted. Amazing, super-crisp trigger and super sweet fast (but most certainly not harsh or snappy) firing cycle. And amazing accuracy. The 2240 had been pretty wild in comparison, despite its recoilless nature, but I had been using Hobbies. I remember that my other Ratty, a "mini-carbine" also wasn't that keen on Hobbies, but did like 'Domes.

This little 70 using Hobbies (.177, of course) was effortlessly printing tiny groups smaller than a 1p piece at 8 yards down the garden. So, all in all, a very enjoyable little session. It took my mind off the back pain for a while, due to the Boinger-induced happy chemicals flowing through my veins. This little 70, to me, seems like the pistol equivalent of the sweet little 30S, with its fantastic trigger, lovely firing cycle, excellent accuracy and understated, traditional looks. I think I bought it for £70, which I thought was an absolute bargain, especially as I'll keep it forever and it never fails to put a smile on my face.

Oh yes, I gave Monza a break from her revision duties and let her have a few goes with each. Which did she prefer? The Boinger, of course! "I think those guns that don't move a bit when they go off are boring!", or something very similar!

Just to add to the back/neck theme, I'm having a neck x-ray next Wednesday. Been having trouble with pain in my right arm/pins and needles in arm and fingers plus numbness in fingers, for the last three months. I was told years ago I had degeneration of some discs in my neck, bugger