Page 55 of 78 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast

Thread: June 3rd & 4th Boinger Bash --- Event and Payment Details

Weather looks good for Fri sat sun! Friday looks to be roasting..sat maybe a spot of rain but still warm with cloud cover... I need to dig out the tent and make sure the mice haven't got to it! Is there any trees as the hollow as I also have a hammock somewhere that's dead comfy?
    Donald

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Quote Originally Posted by thisisdonald View Post
    Weather looks good for Fri sat sun! Friday looks to be roasting..sat maybe a spot of rain but still warm with cloud cover... I need to dig out the tent and make sure the mice haven't got to it! Is there any trees as the hollow as I also have a hammock somewhere that's dead comfy?
    There were trees.

The Clearys burned them!
    God rest ye jelly mental men

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    There were trees.

The Clearys burned them!
    Brilliant, I'm crying with laughter here

To answer your question Donald, no there are no trees in the camping field. I suppose you could dangle it under the Poly-tunnel but again, the fire is in that proximity and so are The Cleary's and their flammable moonshine. Best leave the hammock at home
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

so far thats:

Me
    Grant
    Dave
    Paul
    Gwynn

How about Mark capitalbee and Pete Flyingfish? Has anyone heard from Chris? Any others?
    I've just got back from holiday and won't know until Tuesday the lay of the land work wise, so won't commit presently.

Snooper601 is offline I likes to polish my trophy
    Hooray!

I'm not working for this weekend, so far, so I will be able to come along to play!

Cheers

John

P'S Writing this at Donington World Superbikes round and working with Carl Fogarty, Shane Byrne, James Whitham and James Haydon, luxury work for an ex biker.
    Last edited by Snooper601; 28-05-2017 at 02:32 PM.
    Snooper601 Suspect a simple fault, or a simple engineer He who dies with the most toys wins!
    QHAC Official lubricant development engineer.

Quote Originally Posted by Snooper601 View Post
    Hooray!

I'm not working for this weekend, so far, so I will be able to come along to play!

Cheers

John
    Just the job, John.

I was wondering where you'd got to lately --- looking forward to seeing you again.

All the best Mick

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    Well it is forecast for heavy rain for most of the day so if I do, I guess I could sit in the barn and wait for the pigeons to come in BUT, our boiler packed up yesterday so no hot water ! I will have a look at it but I may have to partly dismantle the cupboard I built around it before I can get to the screws holding the boiler cover on. I fear it may be one of those jobs that you think will only take half an hour and then 3 days later......
    Feel for you, matey.

Did you manage to get it sorted and get to the barn?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

There were trees.

The Clearys burned them!
    Hee hee hee!!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post

To answer your question Donald, no there are no trees in the camping field. I suppose you could dangle it under the Poly-tunnel but again, the fire is in that proximity and so are The Cleary's and their flammable moonshine. Best leave the hammock at home
    The mini-forest neighbouring the Bash Field has also been cleared.

Apparently, some randy little Cornish bloke, adorned only in a skimpy loin cloth, had attached ropes to the trees and swinging to and fro between them yelling, "Ah,ahah, ahah, ahahahahah...." Mick's neighbours were most perturbed and got the tree fellers in as it carried on all night.

Apparently, he had a chimp in tow, too!

BOING!!

Hooray!

Cheers

John

P'S Writing this at Donington World Superbikes round and working with Carl Fogarty, Shane Byrne, James Whitham and James Haydon, luxury work for an ex biker.
    Most excellent news, John!

As Pauly and I have said, we didn't want to start rolling out a list of names for fear of missing anyone out, but I'd been wondering where you had got to and if you were okay.

So glad you can attend, be great to see you again.

How many boot fulls of lovely toys will you be bringing along with you?

Hope the weekend went well at the Supers.

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    The mini-forest neighbouring the Bash Field has also been cleared.

Apparently, some randy little Cornish bloke, adorned only in a skimpy loin cloth, had attached ropes to the trees and swinging to and fro between them yelling, "Ah,ahah, ahah, ahahahahah...." Mick's neighbours were most perturbed and got the tree fellers in as it carried on all night.

Apparently, he had a chimp in tow, too!

BOING!!
    Jamies nickname is Tarzan, but I think its unfair comparing bongo to a chimp.

Poor little chimp!
    God rest ye jelly mental men

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Feel for you, matey.

Did you manage to get it sorted and get to the barn?
    Mmmm, the boiler. A nice chap from my range is a registered gas fitter so rather than mess around with something I know little about, I gave him a call and he was around within half an hour. I'd replaced the 3amp fuse in the fixed spur below the boiler and checked the mains fuse. Danny (the gas fitter) took the cover off the boiler and had a look around, after a bit of testing he said "there's no power getting to it, everything electrical is dead" ?? So, we checked all feeds again and all was fine. My missus asked how we were getting on and i told there was no power getting to the boiler, she said "what about that switch upstairs in the airing cupboard that used to power the immersion heater before it was removed when we got the Combi ?". "Nah, can't be that I said", so she toddles off back in the garden and I went up to said switch which I'd even forgotten was there and it was switched off, Mmmm, let me switch it on...... A shout then comes from Danny downstairs... "It's all powered up !"
    You can imagine, the missus hasn't stopped grinning since. To make it worse, it's that cupboard where I keep my air pistols and all my other gun gear and accessories. I'd taken my HW45 (which sits right next to the switch in question) to the range with me yesterday so I must have knocked it to 'off' either when I took it out or put it back
    Karen (my missus) has since had a nice long hot bath with a glass of wine and a book and has a permanent smile that tells the story. Cost me 65 quid for the 'call out' too.

And no Tone, I didn't get to the barn, I was worried that if it got dark while I was there I wouldn't be able to find the light-switch
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

So what's the 3A spur for? Probably your door bell.

Hooray!

Cheers

John

Yay!

Quote Originally Posted by Rooti McNote View Post
    What you doing Saturday night?
    Charming, by the way.