Thread: Classic Air Rifle Shoot at Bisley

Classic Air Rifle Shoot at Bisley

The vintage section at BFTO are holding a Classic Air Rifle shoot in the Bisley woods on Easter Sunday.

The course will consist of a selection of field targets at ranges between 6 and 30 yards or so. Open or peep sights only and from a change to our usual pre 1939 only rule, we are allowing any classics made up to 1980. Recoiling springers only, so no 'recoilless' match rifles! It does mean that classics such as Webley Marks 3s and early Airsporters can be used along with Original 50s, etc.

BBS members are welcome to attend and even if you have not shot this type of competition before, please come along. Don't worry about ability or if a rifle is not fully zeroed as the emphasis is on having safe fun and enjoyment rather than winning. By all means try for a high score but remember to have fun too.

The Safety briefing will be around 9.30.

Hope to see you there.

John M

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Need to check the date of my FWB sport.. Or does that count as cheating ? ;-)
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Budd View Post
    Need to check the date of my FWB sport.. Or does that count as cheating ? ;-)
    It should be fine if it's pre 1980 with open or peep sights Jon. It would be good to see you if you can make it.

Kind regards,

John

Without wishing to steal JM's thunder I have copied the brief wording from my members email here

If you need to work off some of those chocolate eggs this weekend, then come along to the BFTO where the annual Vintage section's Easter Bunny Shoot is taking place. This is open to all vintage rifles and the emphasis, as always with the vintage section, is on having fun.

The course will start at 10:00 with a safety brief at 09:45, which must be attended if you wish to participate.

Once again I have to work all over the Easter weekend, or no doubt I would have cleared up on the day and gone home with all the prizes

Good luck to all of you that take part, I am sure you will have a great day and a big thank you to all that help set this up and a certain ''only gay in the Bisley village'' that designs the targets.

Many thanks to the lads and lasses from Lea Valley coming along and supporting today's shoot - hope you enjoyed it.

Well done to Steve Wescott for the top score of the day!

John

Many thanks for your fantastic hospitality and the FUN Easter bunny bash, we really enjoyed the shooting in the company of the all of the Vintage BFTO members, Just as well Alison broke the fore sight of her Haenal and had to borrow my Webley as she would, Once again, beat "Three barrels of C..p" out of me!. She still managed to win the Ladies section though!.
    Will keep an eye out for the next shoot, Classic, I believe,
    Alison and Dave, Lea Valley.