Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Uberti Remington 1858 parts?

Quote Originally Posted by panhard View Post
    I use 777. I clean cylinder pin every reload as it still just about slides after 5/6 shots. I've got some wonder lube so try that next time. Not had a problem so far with caps falling through slot, had that on a friends old army ruger which seemed quite prone to that problem. Posted spare spring back to you today. The one you supplied looks much better than original quality. Thanks again.
    i use to use 777 but unless you have a remote loading stand you can compress it too much which as far as i know doesnt like it,
    does the cylinder pin move freely prior to shooting ?
    what lube do you use as it might be a combination of the 2 that causing you problem.

Quote Originally Posted by panhard View Post
    Hi all. Any one know best place for parts for above? Mine needs trigger spring and new hand. Seen post about part for Pedersoli by Tac foli earlier on and thought there may be something similar for Uberti.
    You can always buy parts direct from Uberti in Italy while we are still in the EU, provided they are not the cylinder or frame !
    Ah the Toys ;-
    Tommygun .22LR, Ruger 10/22, Erma M1 .22WMR, Rossi 92 .357Magnum, Tikka T3 Tactical .308Win,
    1858 & 1873 BPR's, Browning Gold 12G, Winchester 9410, Air Rifles, Crossbows & Longbow.

Quote Originally Posted by kmahow2 View Post
    You can always buy parts direct from Uberti in Italy while we are still in the EU, provided they are not the cylinder or frame !
    Good luck with that.

I'm still awaiting a reply to a request for some screws from two years ago.

And it was written in Italian, as well.

tac

Few drops of olive oil on the arbor will keep the pin free for a session,keeps the fouling soft,just add a few more drops if things start to get sticky.
    Sems thr plated pin on the SS version are more prone to jamming,a hammer is not the first or best option though.