Thread: Just prowling scopes

Just prowling scopes

On a well know auction site. Carl Zeiss Conquest scope for £79!!!!! Obviously a copy, though it doesn't say so, but for the price, are they worth a punt. Anyone with any info about them?

Assembled in USA

Love the widgeon English :
    " Lighting the way: each 5-speed traffic lights " ?
    I learn something new everyday

Dumbfounded

I have an eye on some classic Scopes - the TV or Wide View job and some hi spec Hawkes ..unfortunately all seem to end mid day tomorrow ...and I have no mobile internet

There are 2 sellers doing these. One is in China, but the other says it is uk stock, although the seller is registered as being in Malaysia. I'm seriously thinking of ordering the one which is uk stock. Not a lot to lose if they are total pants.

BigEars Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by LESS THAN FORTUITOUS KENNETH View Post
    There are 2 sellers doing these. One is in China, but the other says it is uk stock, although the seller is registered as being in Malaysia. I'm seriously thinking of ordering the one which is uk stock. Not a lot to lose if they are total pants.
    Are you going to shoot with it, or just prowl?

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    I noticed those the other day, I often see other stuff which says it's from the UK but when you scroll down it comes from China, Eday should really crack down on that sort of thing, although I have ordered something from China before and it turned up just over a week later.

I wouldn't expect anything special and I expect the lenses are pretty frightening.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

I saw one recently, while it says Zeiss on it, it wouldnt fool anyone

That said the glass is as good as any other £50 chinese scope and doubtless a load of people will be fooled on the SH market
    A man can always use more alcohol, tobacco and firearms.

Going by the "Hong Kong BSA" scope I bought from the bay - it was the full 50 something quid wasted.

First time I used it, the mag' ring seized solid within 5 shots, then the side focus went totally haywire, while the mag ring suddenly became free. 3 shots later, the ret' twisted around by about 15 degrees.

The whole thing went nose-first into the recycling bin within 10 minutes.

Total waste of money.

Set aside the whole ethics thing re encouraging the makers of fake goods, why pay £79 for a £19 scope because it bears a fraudulent brand name?

Quote Originally Posted by BigEars View Post
    Are you going to shoot with it, or just prowl?
    Mostly prowling because I like to hide behind trees. I may take the odd shot with it though.

I was thinking of getting a fake leupold 3.5X10 recently for $69.00 but I thought o myself why waste the money if it is not needed? Surely they can not produce anything worthwhile for that sort of money including shipping and the profit at both ends.

A.G

i had a copy leupold which cost me about £40 iirc , however all told it wasn't all that if being honest, the illumination bleed a lot into the image and the construction was pretty poor, in the daylight the image was actually ok but really would have been better getting hawke for the money , it was also very heavy if i remember .

never seen a zeiss copy but like the leupold i wouldn't hold out much hope, I've had a few conquests and there worth trying to find the extra £400+

rgds

craig

Old thread rebump

Has anyone seen the Beeman SSI /SS2 scopes - beloved of collectors here but selling 'new' and with no Beeman tag - from China last year ? ? There were dozens of adverts on the Bay and I think I saw them also selling elsewhere under Kandar brand ??
    Now nowt ..nada ...nothing .
    Flash in the pan .

Are you sure it is UK stock? I was looking for a cheap gun torch on that site the other day and some of those claiming to be uk stock still stated the purchaser would be liable for any import duties, taxes etc! So either it is not in the UK or it is in the UK but has not been "officially" imported yet in some way?? In any case it was enough to put me off.
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

PS If you are happy to lose the best part of a ton please may I pm you my address and you can send me a checque!
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)