Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mint FWB Sport 124

Mint FWB Sport 124

What do the consummate pro's on here recon the value of a mint FWB Sport 124 is ?

By mint I mean ASI Sticker in place, Bluing like new, No rust whatsoever, Minor mark on stock.

250-300

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    £300-£350...
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Bit enthusiastic in my view.
    But then I have mine.

Which model, MK1? MK2?

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by gingernut View Post
    Bit enthusiastic in my view.
    But then I have mine.
    maybe, I do love them. I'm thinking an average one goes for around £175. A good used £225. Excellent, £250-£275. Hence mint £300+.

Also a new (modern version) one is over £600....
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Mint FWB Sport 124

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Budd View Post
    maybe, I do love them. I'm thinking an average one goes for around £175. A good used £225. Excellent, £250-£275. Hence mint £300+.

Also a new (modern version) one is over £600....
    How much! I nearly choked on my tea there!

Hi, IMO £250ish. Paid £300 for my mk2 minter a few years ago but that came with period Kassnar 3-9x40 wa scope, 2 pc mount, sling and gun slip. Lovely rifle.

With ASI sticker it will be MK11 or possibly a MK111 but that should be obvious with muzzle weight & stock shape.

If its marked then it is not mint but rather very good condition so £250 or so is not far off.

BNIB then £350. Mint then £300. One ding on stock -£30.
    A nice but used then £200 and well used a good bit less; here "overpriced" is common.
    Prices did go up but possible fallen again. Its the high price for new rifles that secure a good price for good rifles. The premium for mint has increased, non mint less so, which means the disparity is widening marketably.
    Quality of period extras can add quite a bit if the quality matches. Add a Hawk scope adds nothing.

aimless Guest

300 s u

Will offer my 300SU in 4 weeks at a "german auction site" for 590€. Maybe that helps to find a price. (I am offline from 13th..)
    atb Jochen

Price for this one was 1780,- DM (! a lot of "Deutschmarks" at that time !) which is now ~ 890,- € .

http://sta.sh/02da0fxoe9xh

http://sta.sh/0y3dnzh32op

Thanks folks........Well a broad consensus of opinion....Mk 2....Mint should fetch around £300....no box.

I bought my mk1(with the rare foresight) last year for £190. After having work done including a Maccari trigger to replace the plastic one and a reblue, it stands me at around £350. Would I sell it? Hell no!

Mmmm....interesting thread. I have a Mk2 0.22 which is very much indistinguishable from mew, complete with the ASI Sport sticker and a Mastersport sticker. It is such a beautiful piece of wood and metal I am afraid to use it! Call me mad - I know I am mad, but, the pleasure of holding it is beyond words....and to think when I am dead it might be used and abused? I don't suppose I will know about it as there may be alternative attractive interests in the other world.....

Keep on cocking, but, I can't with this one, she is too nice.....

All the best to all.

Quote Originally Posted by SRV1 View Post
    Mmmm....interesting thread. I have a Mk2 0.22 which is very much indistinguishable from mew, complete with the ASI Sport sticker and a Mastersport sticker. It is such a beautiful piece of wood and metal I am afraid to use it! Call me mad - I know I am mad, but, the pleasure of holding it is beyond words....and to think when I am dead it might be used and abused? I don't suppose I will know about it as there may be alternative attractive interests in the other world.....

Keep on cocking, but, I can't with this one, she is too nice.....

All the best to all.

Like you I bought a mint 127

I was amazed by its accuracy at long range. I was wary about damaging the finish and so 3 weeks later I bought another that had a few marks on the stock and put the mint one away as an investment
    The second 127 is just as accurate as the first one and will group as well as many good .177's at 50 yds

I have owned a 124 for some time and all 3 are keepers.
    These FWB's are so easy to cock, load and shoot. Great rifles
    hold me back !!