Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mint FWB Sport 124

Fwb124/127

Along with the 124 i have already mentioned, i also have a Venom tuned 127. Overall not quite as good condition as the 124 but shoots absolutely superbly. It has a slimtech mod and the old english style Venom sticker is in place, also has a Tasco 1.75-5x40 period scope and old style leather/pvc sling. What sort of value would you put on this guys? Just curious. Thanks Tony (sorry about jumping in on your thread Pastie)
    Last edited by Mr. Scratch; 14-04-2017 at 10:31 PM.

£700 i think

seeing as i just bought a FWB 65 and a FWB 300 for $280 US and am picking up a FWB 124 and a barnnet spitfire tomorrow for $180 for both. i would say around $90 for the 124 but then again prices mite be diffrent in the UK?
    Aint no fun when the rabbits got the gun

Are you selling or buying one or just asking a question, as having an answer to this question could lead to a better response to your posting. IMHO the FWB Sport is not hard to find in condition as described (or better), but if one just wants a shooter "comparable alternatives" are available these days for around the low £200s (if you don't mind a strip down and sort out etc).

As a collector, and FMHPOV as a buyer, I'd not want to pay more than than £250 for a fantastic example and £100 for a dog rough one if in fwo order and complete.

IMHO the postings that give you best responses to your question are those where the responders talk about putting their money on the counter rather than "hyping up the market".

JMHO, Vic Thompson.

Quote Originally Posted by charlie350 View Post
    seeing as i just bought a FWB 65 and a FWB 300 for $280 US and am picking up a FWB 124 and a barnnet spitfire tomorrow for $180 for both. i would say around $90 for the 124 but then again prices mite be diffrent in the UK?
    Those are a steel, nice one.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Budd View Post
    £300-£350...
    You know what...after reading through and thinking, I do think £250-300 is more like it.
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

I have looked and thought hard about this and TBH the question is answered by the very fact of a cash value vs my opinion of worth.....The cash value is of course what others would be prepared to pay. I would pay up to £300 for a mint example - or at least a +95% example.

My FWB is a lovely rifle and FWB 127/4 are very much an icon of a time, that still easily holds it's own today. Timeless classic on that basis.

It does have an attraction that many modern rifles miss out on especially in the field...it has a quality feel, and this comes through in it's looks and appeal...Would love to have had a Mastersport though !