Thread: how to manually release co2 on aeron 96

how to manually release co2 on aeron 96

My aeron system is completely stuck However, its still cocked and loaded and has almost fulkl bulb of co2.
    Whats the best way to release the co2? Piercercap of course wont screw off lightly under this pressure
    ATB,
    yana

Depends on what the malfunction is that's stopping the pistol firing.I had a sinilar problem and stripped down the bar that hits the valve pin.It's not that difficult really as long as you remember the order.The gas cap will come loose with enough force but may damage the knurling and is a little nerve-wracking but do-able.

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    IIRC the gas cap is below the level of the grip base, but the two-pronged tubular spanner has a hole for a tommy bar conveniently - which should allow you enough purchase to loosen the gas cap gingerly to release the gas pressure safely.

Be very careful.
    My friend Bob did this and the end cap smashed the gun rear sight, his spectacles and left a big dent in the range tin roof.
    Lucky the cap only caught the edge of his specs

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Yes, I should have added - don't point the end cap at your face - but I thought that might have been condescending...
    But how heck did the end cap manage to smash the rear sight when it's 180 degrees out in relation to any direction it would go and with the grip in between?

Kloppville- 10,533 miles from Lake Mulwala.
    Quote Originally Posted by hwtyger View Post
    My aeron system is completely stuck However, its still cocked and loaded and has almost fulkl bulb of co2.
    Whats the best way to release the co2? Piercercap of course wont screw off lightly under this pressure
    Stuck how??

There is a way to safely discharge the co2 which doesn't involve unscrewing the co2 cap, but you will need to unload the mag and remove the pellets first!

Cheers.

Roy.
    If it moves.....shoot it!..If it don't move.....shoot it in case it tries to!!!
    Light travels faster than sound....this is why I appear bright until you hear me speak!!!

It may well be different to the Tau 7 i used to have years ago,but i seem to remember that by pushing rearwards on the cocking levers it would vent the co2?
    Don.

Its totally stuck. Wont fire, mag wont come out, nothing. Maybe I can fiddle with the trigger adjustment screw so at least its decocked?
    ATB,
    yana

Quote Originally Posted by harvey_s View Post
    Yes, I should have added - don't point the end cap at your face - but I thought that might have been condescending...
    But how heck did the end cap manage to smash the rear sight when it's 180 degrees out in relation to any direction it would go and with the grip in between?
    That's true.
    Thinking about it.....

I imagine he dropped it when it went off!
    I wasn't there or I would have stopped him.

I cleaned the gun up stuck the sight back together with superglue and its still going strong!

Never did find out what caused the total jam like Yanas.

Kloppville- 10,533 miles from Lake Mulwala.
    Quote Originally Posted by hwtyger View Post
    Its totally stuck. Wont fire, mag wont come out, nothing. Maybe I can fiddle with the trigger adjustment screw so at least its decocked?
    I'll bet even money it's a pellet jammed between barrel and mag.
    You may have to forcibly pull the mag out.
    Failing that, point pistol into a pillow or summat, then using both hands pull the drawbar(cocking bar) rearward to vent the co2.

HTH.

Roy.
    If it moves.....shoot it!..If it don't move.....shoot it in case it tries to!!!
    Light travels faster than sound....this is why I appear bright until you hear me speak!!!

I would be reluctant to open the piercing cap; I did it on my Zastava when I thought it was empty of gas and the thread was just a bit stiff. When I got to the last turn of the thread, it popped off with a hell of a bang and scared the bejesus out of me...

Good luck with whatever you do to resolve it, keep us updated!

Cheers,

Mark.
    Too many guns, or not enough time?

There is no way I would take off the cap with a full CO2 capsule at over 800 p.s.i. Have you tried removing the adjuster screw under the barrel , removing the spring and tapping the hammer rod while holding back the trigger. Make sure the muzzle or the adjuster screw and spring are not pointing in your direction.

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD