Thread: BSA 240 magnum info

BSA 240 magnum info

Hello

A bit of an unusual request this one

I just got a 240 Magnum pistol ( I know half of the world seems to hate them, but I'm in the other half ). I am a geek for information/ magazine articles related to things.

Can anyone give me issue dates & the names, of magazines that tests/ articles related to this gun have been in? I know there was an article in Airgunner in August 1994, but were there any others?

All I want is the date/year & the name of the magazine, as that way I can try to track them down

Any help would be much appreciated .

Cheers & Happy Easter

Dave

ccdjg is offline Airgun Alchemist, Collector and Scribe
    I like these as well. One of my long term projects will be to convert one to a repeater version, which I think would be great fun to shoot, given the great ease of cocking/ power ratio of this design.

To answer your question in part, as well as the review of the gun in the August, 1994 Airgunner, there was also a test report and analysis in the September 1994 issue.
    Last edited by ccdjg; 14-04-2017 at 09:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ccdjg View Post
    I like these as well. One of my long term projects will be to convert one to a repeater version, which I think would be great fun to shoot, given the great ease of cocking/ power ratio of this design.

To answer your question in part, as well as the review of the gun in the August, 1994 Airgunner, there was also a test report and analysis in the September 1994 issue.
    Cheers for that, much appreciated

Good luck with the repeater mod'.

Dave

I may have been a bit negative about it and feeling bad now ...seen as you like it so much.
    Look ...its a looser bore and not much length to get any real long range accuracy going so ....
    I found the usually quite tight Hobby pellet worked about the best in the .177 ....if thats any help.....
    The cross shaped guide rod will rough up and warp a bit ....i can make you a new precision black delrin one if you require it.
    It added 30 fps in my gun because i found the guide way too tight and released greater accuracy hidden in the gun..
    I never managed to cure the breech issues sadly.
    Hobbies would do about an inch at 10 yards and 500 fps after the work.
    I always got a nuisance flier every so often, possibly owing to intermittent breech sealing or trying to control that trigger .....see how you get on.

Quote Originally Posted by clarky View Post
    I may have been a bit negative about it and feeling bad now ...seen as you like it so much.
    Look ...its a looser bore and not much length to get any real long range accuracy going so ....
    I found the usually quite tight Hobby pellet worked about the best in the .177 ....if thats any help.....
    The cross shaped guide rod will rough up and warp a bit ....i can make you a new precision black delrin one if you require it.
    It added 30 fps in my gun because i found the guide way too tight and released greater accuracy hidden in the gun..
    I never managed to cure the breech issues sadly.
    Hobbies would do about an inch at 10 yards and 500 fps after the work.
    I always got a nuisance flier every so often, possibly owing to intermittent breech sealing or trying to control that trigger .....see how you get on.
    Hello clarky
    Don't feel bad at all, you gave your honest opinion, nothing wrong with that . You know about guns so I appreciate your input & it's difficult to sound positive if you really don't rate something. It would be a pretty dull world if we all thought the same
    Cheers for the tip about pellets, that's well worth me bearing in mind.
    Also thanks very much for the offer of making me a new guide rod, that's really very good of you, if the current one goes bad, i'll definitely give you a shout .
    All the best
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by ETCHY View Post
    Hello clarky
    Don't feel bad at all, you gave your honest opinion, nothing wrong with that . You know about guns so I appreciate your input & it's difficult to sound positive if you really don't rate something. It would be a pretty dull world if we all thought the same
    Cheers for the tip about pellets, that's well worth me bearing in mind.
    Also thanks very much for the offer of making me a new guide rod, that's really very good of you, if the current one goes bad, i'll definitely give you a shout .
    All the best
    Dave
    pleasure buddy.

http://www.airgunbbs.com/images/stat...rum_old-48.png